Playpen Cover Leaks

playpen

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had leaks with their playpen cover... I have 2010 2550 RCW and when it rains a huge puddle will form on the port side at the bow of the boat. It will leak through and so my carpet seems to always be wet. I do have the tent poles up so that the cover is tight, but it seems that it has now stretched out due to the weight of the water and it continues to get worse. Any ideas on what to do?

Any input would be greatly appreciated... ;-)

Apply a product called 303. Just spray it on

Also IOSSO makes a Seam Sealer that you apply to both sides of the seam with applicator bottle. Cost about $8.00 to $9.00

I was getting a large puddle on the port side as well - right where you describe. what I did was get another pole, put a tennis ball on top, and stand it right in the spot (it's near the seat cushion). I haven't had any problem all of last year and it's been ok so far this year. No visible wear on the cover - I haven't been on the boat for a couple weeks, so I'm hoping it's ok - I'll find out Sunday.

I have a 24SLI - it had 3 original poles right down the centerline. Do you have 3 or 4 poles?

Shawn

I was getting a large puddle on the port side as well - right where you describe. what I did was get another pole, put a tennis ball on top, and stand it right in the spot (it's near the seat cushion). I haven't had any problem all of last year and it's been ok so far this year. No visible wear on the cover - I haven't been on the boat for a couple weeks, so I'm hoping it's ok - I'll find out Sunday.

I have a 24SLI - it had 3 original poles right down the centerline. Do you have 3 or 4 poles?

Shawn

Thanks for the quick responses...

Shawn, I actually have 5 poles down the centreline. But I will see about adding another one.

And thanks Looneymoose. I have read about that magic 303 product a few times here on this forum and so I think I will pick some up today!

Cheers!

Back