Playpen cover material ?

Hoss

Reaction score
What is the Playpen cover material made of sunbrella material or what . Is it that quality of material or less....

Hoss, the owners manual states that the covers are made by Tumacs covers. Mind you, the owners manual has not been updated recently.

So, the best thing to do is read the tag on your cover, it will have the manufacturers name on it.

And, while we are on the subject, protect your cover with 303 high tech fabric guard, it seems to be the product of choice for most of us ;)

Hoss, the owners manual states that the covers are made by Tumacs covers. Mind you, the owners manual has not been updated recently.

So, the best thing to do is read the tag on your cover, it will have the manufacturers name on it.

And, while we are on the subject, protect your cover with 303 high tech fabric guard, it seems to be the product of choice for most of us ;)
Dont have boat yet thats why I was asking... Hoss

Thats another thing no updated owners manual. You would think a High class and very well built pontoon company. Would update there owners manual every year to the current directions for operation of there boats and accessories. When I worked for cub cadet lawnmower company we updated ours every year.... Still think I bought the best pontoon on the market thou....

What is the Playpen cover material made of sunbrella material or what . Is it that quality of material or less....
Hi Hoss,

The playpen cover and bimini tops are made of Surlast fabric, a sister fabric to Sunbrella. Surlast is used for the large span of the pontoons because it is dimensionally stable (less that 1% shrink and stretch) and it is more water resistant than other fabrics (although none are 100% waterproof). Imagine a large market umbrella cruising across the water at 30-40 mph...

Last edited:
Now see thats why I bought a Bennie instead of any other toon. Answers and people this Forum has no other Toon maker has the support or answers or people or forum Bennie has . Please update manual would be a great plus for you guys and customers and would also show what a up to date and cutting edge company you are......

Now see thats why I bought a Bennie instead of any other toon. Answers and people this Forum has no other Toon maker has the support or answers or people or forum Bennie has . Please update manual would be a great plus for you guys and customers and would also show what a up to date and cutting edge company you are......
You are right about the manual. Thanks for the input.

There is a one pager on Surlast that comes with the paperwork. Includes cleaning instructions.

We recently ordered seat covers from Bennington supposed to be the same Surlast material.

A bound volume would be in order. The Bennington zippered case isn't bad.

I received a decent soft cooler. Too bad it was torn inside as new.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a one pager on Surlast that comes with the paperwork. Includes cleaning instructions.

We recently ordered seat covers from Bennington supposed to be the same Surlast material.

A bound volume would be in order. The Bennington zippered case isn't bad.

I received a decent soft cooler. Too bad it was torn inside as new.
Sorry about your cooler...this item is manufactured and bagged by a supplier and we do not inspect the inside liner before shipping...we'll replace it with a new one through your dealer! TB

Sorry about your cooler...this item is manufactured and bagged by a supplier and we do not inspect the inside liner before shipping...we'll replace it with a new one through your dealer! TB
Hey Team Bennington, how come the coolers are just a plain cooler without even your logo on it?(at least my '09 was)My wife and her family have an embroidery and promotions business and it really isn't that costly to do. Especially since you are in the states, there would be lots of cheap quality sources. I was even thinking you guys should give out or have available for purchase online the key floaters with a custom Bennington 'B' as its shape, all easily doable. Heck I would have a ton of stuff available with the Bennington name on it.

Derrick

Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back