PMX 2 with 6 speakers

ewessner

Reaction score
Just took ownership of my new 24LXFB and was wondering is there a way to turn off certain speakers, like the ones located on the back swim platform so as not to blast the shoreline but still play music inside the boat.

What radio do you have? My KMC10 has balance and fade. Fade is front/rear

x2 on your fader

Just took ownership of my new 24LXFB and was wondering is there a way to turn off certain speakers, like the ones located on the back swim platform so as not to blast the shoreline but still play music inside the boat.
Hey bud… I have a new 26LXFB and have already dealt with this issue and resolved it. But we have the Rosewell system.
Below is my message to another member but feel free to call me to help. …..

Soon after we took official ownership of our boat I started doing some upgrades on it and quickly found out that our system was super screwed up.
Not only was the fade not working at all you could not adjust the level of the rear speaker separately.
This is the whole point of the sub +/- button on the head unit. It should be set to adjust the zone of just the rear so you could turn them off or adjust the volume of them independently.
I make mine work perfectly I found that I needed to swap the RCA inputs as well as swap the wiring from front to back.
After this was done I was able to fade properly and then adjust the level of the rear speakers correctly just with the Sub +/- button.
Kind of weird how they charge you thousands of dollars for the upgraded sound system but don't even set it up properly to work the correct way.

Feel free to call me with any questions
Ben

Congratulations on the New Benny - love the LX's. Post some pictures when you get a chance!

Back