Pontoon boats are just fun!

Miles of smiles!!!!!

I put 47 hours on ours in the first year, I hope to do at least that this year.  Spent a week in TN. on lake Norris, took a long weekend to some lakes in NE Indiana, got a long weekend to Cumberland planned for August.  I call friends and family on the weekends to come on out, some do, some don't, but I still have fun.  Hell, sometimes I go out by myself, or just me and the dog.  I am getting my 12 y.o. daughter registered to operate with Ohio D.O.W.  I got 4 new JL Audio speakers just waiting to be put in.  I will sit in the boat in the barn, cold beer in hand, jammin, tinkering, thinking, remembering and its just been 1 year.  I make videos to stream to the 60" in the basement.  I 303 and spray wax damn near every trip.  I'm on this site damn near every day. The Benni toons are more than just fun, but I don't know how to explain it, I just try and live it.      

My wife always says that it's a different world when we're out on the boat on our lake. It's just so relaxing to hang out anchored in a cove, eat a little lunch, take a nap. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh........

Not a day goes by without me thinking about being out on the boat.  

It's fun to be out with the family and friends. Lots of laughs and good times. Equally fun to go out on a weekday alone. Just me and 15 miles of river and no one around for miles. Kinda Huck Finn-ish I suppose.  Nothing like tossing the anchor and just starring at the horizon.  Listen to the wildlife.  Listen to the water lapping on the shore. An occasional fish slaps the water on his way back down.  Warm sun. Sipping a cold beer. A little nap. Munch a few Gardettos. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  Never gets  old.  I could do that every day. Plan to when I retire.  If I live that long.

Have a 4 year old boy and an almost 2 year old little girl. Both of them love the boat and there's nothing better than having the whole family out on the water! 

I have 2 grandsons that are just starting to fish. I was lucky being able to retire at 51, ( 14 years ago } and owning a Bennington pontoon. I have boated on Tygart Lake and Stonewall Jackson lake in West Virginia before moving to Deep Creek Lake, Maryland. My wife and I spend as much time as possible on the water. I have seen the sunrise and the sunset from the deck on my boat. I have heard my grandsons squeal with delight when they hooked their first fish and I taught them how to release the fish unharmed. I have watched black bears swimming across the lake and minks cavorting on the shore. I have met many good people and fellow tooners. I hope this ride lasts for many years because I'm not through making memories. image.jpegrr

Retired at 51 .... :blink:

I knew I should have paid better attention in school. I'm 51 and not even close to retirement. At 65 my crystal ball shows me wearing a blue vest handing out carts ......  <_<

Should have been SemperFi8303.

Should have been SemperFi8303.

Trust me, I kick myself in the a** every year July 31st. But I also try not to look back and think how my life may have been, I look back and remember how good it's been, and I look forward, and make sure to enjoy every moment.  

I LOVE BOATING.  Unfortunately I didn't find out about boating and the lake until I was 57.  My wife wanted to get a boat years before that but with working a super long hours every week I would tell her if I have leisure time on the weekend I am going to be on the golf course not the water.  After renting a pontoon boat on Lake George in the fall of 2009 I bought a deck boat the next week.  After freezing but loving it by next spring I bought our first house on the lake but not directly on the water.  in 2012 I upgraded to my Bennington and the next year upgraded to a direct lake front house.

We bought a modest place in Florida and this is our first winter here.  I ordered golf clubs as soon as I got here last October.  I hit a bucket of balls immediately after getting them but haven't played a round yet!  I promised my wife that I would not buy a boat the first year here as we are not sure how much we would use it. 

Tooner invited me on his boat but as it is our first year we have had company virtually every week, hoping for less company and a new boat next year 

But I also try not to look back and think how my life may have been, I look back and remember how good it's been, and I look forward, and make sure to enjoy every moment.  

Amen brother, Amen.

My Family agrees "Pontoon Boats are just fun " Even a song written about them. Pontoon by  Little Big Town. Check it out on Youtube.

Retired at 51 .... :blink:

I knew I should have paid better attention in school. I'm 51 and not even close to retirement. At 65 my crystal ball shows me wearing a blue vest handing out carts ......  <_<

You never know what the future will bring, I had planned to work until age 62, but with good financial planning and a focus on my priorities i could retire early. I returned to work for 4 years as a consultant, but that allowed me to set my own hours, which means I worked alot of weekends because I always like boating on uncrowded week days. You will never hear a boater say that he is on the water too much.

Thanks to my mom and dad, I've been hooked on boating my whole life. There is no place I'd rather be than on our boat. Thankfully, my wife "mostly" agrees but come the middle of July, she and my daughter seem ready for a different kind of weekend. Me? If I can possibly be on the boat, then that's where you can find me.

Back