Post your specs

mtudb24

Reaction score
All you folks that had tbd for your specs, please come back and add your numbers so we can get accurate counts on your performance numbers

Todd

I picked up yesterday, did 120km/h on asphalt and 0mph on water so far. Business travel for next 2weeks, not good but I have to pay for it.

I hope to have enough hours on the boat this weekend that I can provide some numbers. I am assuming that those that confirmed the speed by GPS took an external unit onto the boat and used. I am not missing some fancy technology that the echo 100 has am I???

Thanks,

Steve

I hope to have enough hours on the boat this weekend that I can provide some numbers. I am assuming that those that confirmed the speed by GPS took an external unit onto the boat and used. I am not missing some fancy technology that the echo 100 has am I???

Thanks,

Steve
What kind of cellphone do you have? On my BlackBerry, I just go to the 'maps' app, wait a few seconds and it tells you your speed. Checked it on the car speedometer and it was pretty much bang on. If you don't have a fancy handheld GPS unit.

Derrick

Just for the record, phone apps work pretty well in a vehicle going down a relatively smooth road, but on a boat/waverunner they can become inaccurate due to the up/down motion on the water. A couple of good waves will move your position up and down, which can translate to additional speed. I have radared boats and waverunners with police radar and the if there is any roughness in the water the phone GPS will read higher. Phone apps are pretty cool though, drawing a map with speeds at each point. My older Garmin 15 seems to be more accurate, but it tracks 6-10 satellites at a time.

What kind of cellphone do you have? On my BlackBerry, I just go to the 'maps' app, wait a few seconds and it tells you your speed. Checked it on the car speedometer and it was pretty much bang on. If you don't have a fancy handheld GPS unit.

Derrick

Just for the record, phone apps work pretty well in a vehicle going down a relatively smooth road, but on a boat/waverunner they can become inaccurate due to the up/down motion on the water. A couple of good waves will move your position up and down, which can translate to additional speed. I have radared boats and waverunners with police radar and the if there is any roughness in the water the phone GPS will read higher. Phone apps are pretty cool though, drawing a map with speeds at each point. My older Garmin 15 seems to be more accurate, but it tracks 6-10 satellites at a time.
Very good point, when I did it with the phone, it would show a quick 'spike' to like 28mph, then drop back down to the regular 23mph I was getting. So I guess you need to partially use common sense and realize that you probably didn't have a magical rocket boost get you moving 5mph faster in a time of 2 seconds and it lasted for 1 second!Haha

Derrick

Back