Pricing: Jan 2020 vs Dec 2022 3Yr Annual Average 11.8% Increase / 40% total

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
I just could not help myself (IE Procrastinating at work) - I rebuilt my 2020 LX online. January 2020 Retail was $116K, Dec 2022 is $162K. That is an annual average of 11.8%, or an overall increase of 40% in 3 years. I find that a remarkable exclamation point on what's happened to our economy, I have seen the same or similar increases in our food bill, maint and repair services, certainly utilities. The COVID response removed an entire generation of people from our workforce, resulting in more competition for workers / increased wages - I think a key aspect behind a large % of these cost increases. But, the truth is money supply: 2020 it was 1,800 Billion, today 2,300 Billion - just shy of a 30% increase (2010 it was 800 Billion - that is a frightening increase) - thus the reason behind this crazy inflation: in my humble opinion - more money chasing the same goods. OK, OK, I need spring to arrive so my time is spend enjoying vs pondering....LOL...offseason sucks. Well, back to what prompted this was seeing a large increase in resales - I see my local dealer has a stock of boats on his lot, I have seen comments that discounts are entering the buy process again. The next 12 months will be interesting..... buckle up, it's going to be a ride.

I’m patiently waiting for things to settle down….
Finally starting to see a fair amount of inventory on the lots down here. Grady, Robalo, Sea Hunt, etc. Ian destroyed a lot of boats, so people are waiting for settlements that will absorb the inventory at some point.

I am just upset that is -4 degrees in Middle Tennessee today so wife refuses to go for a cruise! :D

Back