Production delays II

Congratulations Glava! Exciting news for you.

Getting close now!

Hi All. I ordered a 23 LSB on 2/12. Dealer said 6/5 build date with 1st week of July delivery. I also have it ordered with a 175 vmax. Little nervous that it will be end of July.
How do you like it? How does the ride compare to traditional toons? Any regrets?

Ordered our 2021 23LSB back in January. Dealer says boat is out of production but there aren't enough drivers to ship it to us (WA State). Is there more I should understand? I read upthread about foam deliveries, etc. but if the boat is ready can I hire a driver to bring it to us? I also don't have a shrink-wrapped picture and the dealer has not been super transparent about things (first it was on its way, then two weeks later it was still at the factory :-().
How do you like it? How does it ride compared to traditional toons? You got the bow rider, right? Just wondering about performance. Any regrets? Thanks!

How do you like it? How does it ride compared to traditional toons? You got the bow rider, right? Just wondering about performance. Any regrets? Thanks!
Glad you found the Club Bennington forum from FB!

The three people you are trying to get replies from haven’t posted outside of this thread, and not since last spring. I am not optimistic you will hear from any of them.

Perhaps start your own thread in the appropriate sub-forum (such as “Dock Talk”) seeking feedback on the newer bow rider pontoons? You could add what you are thinking of ordering, or any number of questions you might have about Bennington, options, or specifically the newer bow riders.

I hope you can get some good information either from browsing old threads via the search function in the upper right hand corner of the page, or by simply starting your own inquiry thread and seeing what you hear back from other members.

I can say I LOVE my 26LXSB and prefer it over any of my friends ski boats & v hulls. Ride is so much better, with a 350 faster than most. The Con: very small wake for wakeboards. I can live with that even though we Wakeboard frequently. Everything is a tradeoff.

Last edited:
I can say I LOVE my 26LXSB and prefer it over any of my friends ski boats & v hulls. Ride is so much better, with a 350 faster than most. The Con: very small wake for wakeboards. I can live with that even though we Wakeboard frequently. Everything is a tradeoff.
Sorry to revive an old thread. I’ll start a new one of more appropriate.

@lawrencetheAdventururer, any advice on a wakeboard and rope to get started for newbies? My kids are 13/14, and they want to try and learn and are getting bored tubing.

Wakeboards and ropes are complicated to understand somehow, lol. I’m running a 24LSB with the SPS+ package and a 250 VMax if it matters…

Ski Rope - for anything other than pros, any rope will due. I do find the handles with less aggressive texturing are a bit easier on the hands, though a pair of gloves can solve that. The "thin plastic" rope has less stretch and thus more response - again primarily only realized by a pro. Do be sure to get a bright rope that floats! There are some ropes that adjust in length, I do like that feature (larger wake closer to the boat - and our Benny's don't have much to start with - generally state 3 or 4 sections of rope). I have never used the "extra" handle that is available with some. Note - eventually you WILL hit the rope with the prop - so the sectional ropes or regular ski ropes (vs the solid plastic lines) also offer the ability to fix and keep using.

WakeBoards: The wider taller boards are best for beginners. Less responsive but more stable. I found the Hyperlight a great value. Get boots with open toes, accommodates more foot sizes. Amazon has the Hyperlight State 2.0 with Remix boots - a great combo. Boots tend to be more important than board. I found package pricing off amazon to be better - found a sale. Ultimately got two - one small one large.

Carry some natural soap, a couple of drops can make getting into the boots easier with big feet. They also make special stuff for this, but??

Ideas:

1690055645084.png vs 1690055676701.png vs 1690055733571.png vs1690055813270.png This one you can see the more aggressive handle, they can chew up your hands a bit.

Ski Rope - for anything other than pros, any rope will due. I do find the handles with less aggressive texturing are a bit easier on the hands, though a pair of gloves can solve that. The "thin plastic" rope has less stretch and thus more response - again primarily only realized by a pro. Do be sure to get a bright rope that floats! There are some ropes that adjust in length, I do like that feature (larger wake closer to the boat - and our Benny's don't have much to start with - generally state 3 or 4 sections of rope). I have never used the "extra" handle that is available with some. Note - eventually you WILL hit the rope with the prop - so the sectional ropes or regular ski ropes (vs the solid plastic lines) also offer the ability to fix and keep using.

WakeBoards: The wider taller boards are best for beginners. Less responsive but more stable. I found the Hyperlight a great value. Get boots with open toes, accommodates more foot sizes. Amazon has the Hyperlight State 2.0 with Remix boots - a great combo. Boots tend to be more important than board. I found package pricing off amazon to be better - found a sale. Ultimately got two - one small one large.

Carry some natural soap, a couple of drops can make getting into the boots easier with big feet. They also make special stuff for this, but??

Ideas:

View attachment 34631 vs View attachment 34632 vs View attachment 34633 vsView attachment 34634 This one you can see the more aggressive handle, they can chew up your hands a bit.

Thanks for the amazing and thorough response! I love this community, you folks are amazing.

This was exactly that I’m looking for, and the suggestion to grab 2 boots…. I never thought about that. Back when I was doing stuff like this that my body could handle it was waterskis and kneeboards as the new hot thing to try….

Can you ballast or load people to one side of the Benny to get more wake out of it? Curious as we take up wakeboarding when the kids get older.

Do any of you remember when Bennington marketed their SSV (Sport Surface V hull)?
None were ever delivered, but there were some prototypes built.
I can't even find picks on the net. Can't remember what year it was?

Back