Prop performance question

Hunterman

Reaction score
I just got my new Benninton Tritoon, it is a 2021 20SLG, it has a 115F Yamaha four stroke motor with a Yamaha 13.5x14 three blade prop. I am half way through break in period for motor so I can take it to WOT, but not for more than 5 minutes at a time. My question about performance is, I am getting 28mph at 5800 rpm with 4 people on the boat and full fuel tank, bimini top was not up. Does this seem about right or should I be getting better? Any advice or experience appreciated, especially with prop suggestions.

So just to be clear, when you say tritoon, do you have the SPS hull? Sometimes people come in here with new boats and say tritoon, but then just have the partial length center pontoon of the EPT hull which isn’t quite the same thing. Do you know what specific model of prop? Also, what length boat? That impacts things a bit, including weight. Finally, what hole is the motor mounted in? Sorry to ask so many questions. However, all of this information will help people provide better feedback and insights.

That said, the prop seems a little large for the f115, but then again, I am not an expert with that motor. I would have expected you to get into the low 30’s with a light load (maybe mid-30s in ideal conditions with 1-2 people, and under half a tank of gas. Unfortunately, the 115 HP pontoons bog down fast with any weight on the boat and multiple passengers.

Sounds about right. I have a 21 SLX with a 115 Vmax. I get 32 MPH on a 13.5 x 12P- 3 blade. I'm going to a 14 x 13P - 3 blade tomorrow to try out.

Back