Prop question 2014 SSRX

5100 RPM is not lugging an F90, although not the best starting point if you add anything like the load your pontoon can legally carry. Decades ago we put a Corvair on a pontoon for a boat parade...pretty sure that was a bit over the top as we had people on there too. A 13p generic prop MIGHT be OK, but expect a 13p pontoon prop to be a little on the tall side for your use. Don't know if either will help your speed...doesn't cost much to find out....

The Talon 12p pontoon would not require different mounting hardware, but is a bit more expensive than some others too...although all of them have gone up recently... A Nemesis 11p should run less RPM than your current 11p. Only ground truthing will tell for sure (OK, water truthing). I have considered tinkering with one of those, but haven't found a good cheap one yet, too bad there is no Nemesis 12p pontoon for a 4 1/4" gear case.

Last edited:
5100 RPM is not lugging an F90, although not the best starting point if you add anything like the load your pontoon can legally carry. Decades ago we put a Corvair on a pontoon for a boat parade...pretty sure that was a bit over the top as we had people on there too. A 13p generic prop MIGHT be OK, but expect a 13p pontoon prop to be a little on the tall side for your use. Don't know if either will help your speed...doesn't cost much to find out....

The Talon 12p pontoon would not require different mounting hardware, but is a bit more expensive than some others too...although all of them have gone up recently... A Nemesis 11p should run less RPM than your current 11p. Only ground truthing will tell for sure. I have considered tinkering with one of those, but haven't found a good cheap one yet.
Thanks for the info, I'm going to try a turning point 14X13 prop as the 15 pitch one I have is a turning point so I can use the hub kit, not to expensive to give it a try..

You can contacts this site ,they may be of some help

Prop Gods, is a mobile prop testing service, and prop retailer. We will provide you with the best service available and help you choose the best prop for your needs.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to try a turning point 14X13 prop as the 15 pitch one I have is a turning point so I can use the hub kit, not to expensive to give it a try..
That should give you a good data point and an indication if more speed is possible at ~5500 RPM. Turning Point does make a 4-blade aluminum, but it appears there is no 12p (same for the Nemesis/Spitfire).

So installed the turning point 13x14 prop WOT is 5800-5900 speed a little slower at 22.... So prob will stick with this one as it seems she should be good with a group of people...My question is it better for the motor and economy wise to cruise with this prop at 5100 rpm and doing 19 mph or am I better off with the 15x13.75 turning point prop to cruise at WOT 5100 rpm and 23 mph??

So installed the turning point 13x14 prop WOT is 5800-5900 speed a little slower at 22.... So prob will stick with this one as it seems she should be good with a group of people...My question is it better for the motor and economy wise to cruise with this prop at 5100 rpm and doing 19 mph or am I better off with the 15x13.75 turning point prop to cruise at WOT 5100 rpm and 23 mph??
You need fuel consumption data (depending on your gauge you may have MPG already) to accurately answer that question. For example, my 19p prop is more efficient than my 17p at speeds below roughly 33mph. From 33-50mph the 17p is more efficient, and with my cruising speed being 40 (and higher top speed) is what I settled on.

Only way I could have made that determination was using fuel data and testing.

Back