Prop question

Merc225

Reaction score
Weve a brand new 24 ft tritoon w a new mercury 225 four stroke. Propped w a Enertia 3 blade 14.7 x 16P SS prop.
Runs out at 46 mph at 5800 rpms.
The engines mounted in 2nd hole.from top mount hole.
Cavitation plates lined up good w bottom of the transom. But we get tons of water spraying in rear deck area of boat and lots up on engine. Seems to be hitting ladder n yes its folded up. Also using a 50 ft rope for tubing the kids still get sprayed when u power up on throttle. Seems like an east fix but ive over thought the situation until im at a loss figuring it out. Afraid if i move motor dwn one ill get enough trim w Mercurys fine trim limit switch. Whatevers goin on isnt normal. Any ideas? We left lake yesterday and the motor was nasty on top where water had sprayed on it.the ladders mounted right about between right n middle tube. Wondering if i should move it directly behind outer tube. But that still doesnt fit tubers getting drowned by water.

Attachments

• 20180630_165254.jpg
    20180630_165254.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 37
Is that a Bentley?

2nd one since Nov. if i might add.
They replaced my 2018 w this one.
It nearly sunk.

I'd drop the motor first, if that doesn't work id cut off those splash guards in front of the motor on middle tube.

Curious as to why you're on a Bennington forum.

It ask did i own a Bennington... i said No.. it doesnt say i have to own one to join the forum.

It ask did i own a Bennington... i said No.. it doesnt say i have to own one to join the forum.

Not a problem at all! I don't even own a boat anymore and I keep showing up here! Haha That is a sweet looking motor!

My Express hull has a lot of spray too. My 115 would swamp tubers, but my 150 does not, probably since it runs half the rpms tubing.

Sorry, that doesn't help you any. I have the same problem though. Thought about adding the fins you have. I still think that's the right way to fix this. Yours must not be positioned well enough.

Back