Prop size

nukeantz

Reaction score
I have a 2017 22ssx apg with sps triple 150 yamaha. What would give most speed, and work best with my boat. When I talked to dealer, I left more confused than when I went in. Any help would be great

15 pitch.

I have a 2017 22ssx apg with sps triple 150 yamaha. What would give most speed, and work best with my boat. When I talked to dealer, I left more confused than when I went in. Any help would be great
I agree with cwag, a 15" 3 blade stainless like the Yamaha SDS or the Mercury Enertia.

I found 2, and they are 15" diameter, 15 degree pitch 48-898990A46 and the other 48-898991A46 Stainless, say comes with hardware. Can I use the Mercury hardware or reuse what comes off mine now. I have a aluminium prop now.
RH. The Mercury hardware won’t fit the Yamaha. You’ll have to order a Flo-Torc hub adapter made for your motor (I’d suggest the III which is rubber). I demoed an Enertia with a Flo-Torc II and it rattled badly up to around 1,000 RPM’s. The rattle is an issue with 4-cylinder outboards due to the weight of a SS prop and the inherent vibration of the motor. Guys running Enertia’s can chime in on what their doing as I’m not running one. I just put a Reliance SDS on mine which has a rubber hub adapter already and is made specifically for the Yamaha F150.

You want the RH and the Flo-Torq III Yamaha adapter. It is not rubber but has metal rods in it that flex. Use plenty of marine grease when you install it. I love my prop.

RH. The Mercury hardware won’t fit the Yamaha. You’ll have to order a Flo-Torc hub adapter made for your motor (I’d suggest the III which is rubber). I demoed an Enertia with a Flo-Torc II and it rattled badly up to around 1,000 RPM’s. The rattle is an issue with 4-cylinder outboards due to the weight of a SS prop and the inherent vibration of the motor. Guys running Enertia’s can chime in on what their doing as I’m not running one. I just put a Reliance SDS on mine which has a rubber hub adapter already and is made specifically for the Yamaha F150.
The only I see is 14 1/2 diameter, I was told I needed 15". What do you have?

I’m running a 14.5 x 14 pitch but I have a heavier boat. You’d literally be fine with either an Enertia or a Reliance. If you’re buying a new Enertia, then I’d suggest buying the Quicksilver Q3 (Enertia w/o hub Flo-Torc II adapter included) and then buy the Flo-Torc III separately. That’s what I was thinking I’d do before I found a lightly used Reliance on EBay.

Sorry, Flo-Torq IV not III

Sorry, Flo-Torq IV not III
I think you could go either way. Here's the links to the III & IV.

https://propshopinc.com/Quicksilver...01-Yamaha-115-300-HP-Mercury-Verado-p815.html
https://propshopinc.com/Quicksilver...09-Yamaha-115-300-HP-REDUCES-RATTLE-p758.html

When in doubt, you can always give The Prop Shop a call and discuss it with them. I bought a prop from them last year and dealt with Chris who was very helpful. I know just enough to be dangerous......;)

Last edited:
I just ordered my first Bennington/Pontoon. It is a 2021 SSBX and should be here in late April to May. I have the SPS and the Wavetamer. It has a Yamaha 150 on the back and the dealer puts a 15 degree prop on as standard but mentioned that he could go to a 13 degree to get me started quicker. We mostly pull kids on Tubes and the ZUP Board. They did mention that I have to be careful of over reving on the 13 degree prop if I am by myself, etc. Is that a big concern? Should I go with a 15 or 13?

I just ordered my first Bennington/Pontoon. It is a 2021 SSBX and should be here in late April to May. I have the SPS and the Wavetamer. It has a Yamaha 150 on the back and the dealer puts a 15 degree prop on as standard but mentioned that he could go to a 13 degree to get me started quicker. We mostly pull kids on Tubes and the ZUP Board. They did mention that I have to be careful of over reving on the 13 degree prop if I am by myself, etc. Is that a big concern? Should I go with a 15 or 13?
14.5x15

Back