Proper prop option for 496/425 2575 rl i/o

Daryl

Reaction score
I have a 2007 2575 rl i/o with a 496 and bravo III outdrive with duo prop. I have contacted Bennington direct and Mercury direct but there are no "studies" on performance on my installed power plant. Issue: boat is fast but hitting the rev limiter at 54 mph. Currently have the original props on the boat that came with it at original install.

Anyone made any changes to the props and what success have you found? I do pull skiers and tubes, what i have is certainly working, but is there a better option for performance? Thank you.

I don't know the answer, but someone else will chime in. They will probably want to know what you have on there currently. Man that's a beast of a motor in there!!

If you're hitting the rev limiter, I would suggest that you try to find somewhere that will let you try a different pitch of he duoprop setup.The Propgods in Fla do this but I don't know if they have the duoprop.

Derrick, Carl & Suzi - thanks for the feedback so far. I will contact propgods on this. I should have pointed out as you have recommended boat currently has 24P Mercury bravo III props on it.

Thank you very much. Will call them later today. Illl update with what i find out.

Fatee2k. I have to tell you the prop gods in Florida are amazing. What I found was that we do tons of wake boarding. Can't have your cake and eat it too! We did calculations and at 4800 rpm I have less than 3 pct slip. I can go to a 26 pitch which will eliminate the rev limiter .... But I lose some hole shot. The props I have are best or my needs. It's not often I hammered down' ill just back off a little. 54 is more than fast enough....

Of note... I could buy new 4 blade props from prop gods which would give me a little top end, but not worth the 1k. Also I have 1 other option, nothing says you have to run same pitch on both props according to prop gods. I could just pickup 1 26 pitch for the rear prop and will get some speed and probably eliminate the rev limiter.

Bottom line, I need it for wake boarding so what I have is great. One word of caution, be prepared for people to cut you off... Be alert. No one expects your running 55 plus until you pass them. You will love the power!

thanks daryl,

I have some great experencie with props, as we had a 34' offshore boat with twin 525s, and dealt with some of the same problems, when we got the boat it was turning 4800 at 86, and after reprorping we got 5100 @ 82, but way more hole shot, and noticed a lot more mid range, thanks for the report, will be curious to see what this does rpm wise vs speed, I have a liitle more hp than yours at 430 so it will be interesting, and i also have the bravo lll with 24p

Back