Proper use of 2 battery switch

Pontoof

Reaction score
I’ve had my LX for a little over a year. It has dual batteries And a 4 position switch. I have been running the boat in the 1+2 position. Sometimes we anchor and run the stereo for 3 to 4 hours. Should I be switching over to battery one while anchored and then switch to 1and 2 to start? I don’t want to ever be in a position where we have drained both batteries. Thanks for any advice!

I also run in the 1+2 position . When anchored ,I use only the 1 or 2 . I also have a portable jump pack just in case .

I’ve had my LX for a little over a year. It has dual batteries And a 4 position switch. I have been running the boat in the 1+2 position. Sometimes we anchor and run the stereo for 3 to 4 hours. Should I be switching over to battery one while anchored and then switch to 1and 2 to start?
Yes. Only use one battery to run accessories while the motor is off. It can be either 1 or 2 and you should probably mix it up on different outings.

One thing to note, here's the best scenario in my opinion, run in 1+2, when anchored, switch to "1" when ready to go, switch to battery "2", once running switch to 1+2. Reason being if you severely discharge battery "1" while anchored, then put to 1+2, it will equalize the charge between those two batteries, which could leave you stranded if battery "1" sucks all the juice from battery "2". Also remember when switching between batteries with motor running, do NOT switch through the "OFF" position on selector switch.

Obviously "1" and "2" are interchangeable for anchored, and as previously mentioned it's a good idea to alternate them being the deep discharge battery.

One thing to note, here's the best scenario in my opinion, run in 1+2, when anchored, switch to "1" when ready to go, switch to battery "2", once running switch to 1+2. Reason being if you severely discharge battery "1" while anchored, then put to 1+2, it will equalize the charge between those two batteries, which could leave you stranded if battery "1" sucks all the juice from battery "2". Also remember when switching between batteries with motor running, do NOT switch through the "OFF" position on selector switch.

Obviously "1" and "2" are interchangeable for anchored, and as previously mentioned it's a good idea to alternate them being the deep discharge battery.
Thank you for your insight. Your plan makes sense.

Back