Propping 2275LX w/ 90hp etec

klaus96

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a 2004 2275LX powered by a 2004 90hp etec. It came with a 13 7/8 X 13 pitch aluminum prop that has some damage. I have always liked stiletto stainless. With the damaged aluminum WOT is about 5400-5500. Thinking I had a couple hundred RPM to play with I ordered a 13 1/4 X 15 pitch SS prop. I installed it and noticed acceleration difference immediately. But, WOT was down to 4000 RPM. Stiletto agrees that I shouldn't have seen this drastic decrease and I sent it back to them under warranty for inspection.

I came across some "pontoon" props from stiletto. The STAR II series. iBoats has a sale going on so I ordered a 14 X 13 pitch SS to try out. It will be here on Monday 7/2. Has anybody used these before? I'm trying to get a SS prop that will have me around 5200-5400 RPM.

Hello,

I bought a 2004 2275LX powered by a 2004 90hp etec. It came with a 13 7/8 X 13 pitch aluminum prop that has some damage. I have always liked stiletto stainless. With the damaged aluminum WOT is about 5400-5500. Thinking I had a couple hundred RPM to play with I ordered a 13 1/4 X 15 pitch SS prop. I installed it and noticed acceleration difference immediately. But, WOT was down to 4000 RPM. Stiletto agrees that I shouldn't have seen this drastic decrease and I sent it back to them under warranty for inspection.

I came across some "pontoon" props from stiletto. The STAR II series. iBoats has a sale going on so I ordered a 14 X 13 pitch SS to try out. It will be here on Monday 7/2. Has anybody used these before? I'm trying to get a SS prop that will have me around 5200-5400 RPM.
I have a 2012 22SLX with a Merc 90 4stroke efi with a 14x13 pitch prop. I'm still breaking it in. WOT the rpm 6200-6400 and the speed by GPS is 25 mph and does not hit the rev limiter

I have a 2012 22SLX with a Merc 90 4stroke efi with a 14x13 pitch prop. I'm still breaking it in. WOT the rpm 6200-6400 and the speed by GPS is 25 mph and does not hit the rev limiter
Is that in your desired rpm range for the Merc?

Is that in your desired rpm range for the Merc?
Dealer has said there is no problem with that but I here what you saying and may adjust that rpm range. It runs great and doesn't flatten out. What are you thinking?

The desired rpm range seems to vary with different manufacturers. I think Yamaha is desired at like 6200 where my evinrude wants 5200 as the "sweet spot" for wide open throttle. I have read to prop it toward the max rpm range when somewhat empty, maybe 2 people, a cooler and full tank of gas. That way if you get 10 people and gear aboard, you settle out in more of the desired range. Problem is, how many props do you buy and sell getting right. HAHA

Problem is, how many props do you buy and sell getting right. HAHA
I went through 7 props from Ebay and resold the ones I didn't like for the same or more than I paid for them. This was over a 2 year period because I'm cheap :D and was in no hurry.

Market for used props is kinda dry right now. I listed a Stiletto Advantage II on craigslist...not one offer...now its on ebay with 2 peeps watching...

Market for used props is kinda dry right now. I listed a Stiletto Advantage II on craigslist...not one offer...now its on ebay with 2 peeps watching...
I guess I will stay with the 14x13 because with a load of people it will pull the RPM's down and the sweet spot for me is 5400-5600 and better GPM.

Well I don't know what the deal is, but over the weekend I had the damaged prop back on and I can only get 4800-5000 rpm now @ 19 mph. The 14 X 13 SS prop came in today and I'm wondering if I should even put it on. 14 X 11 might be the one....

Last edited by a moderator:
14 X 13 SS made a very noticeable difference. Acceleration was much better, speed was up to 25 mph, but rpm's were only at 4600. Time to order the 14 X 11....

Back