PROPS FOR 115 YAMAHA

redfish18

Reaction score
IS ANYONE USEING A 14X13 ON A 22' WITH A 115, I WAS TOLD THAT THIS IS THE PROP TO RUN ON THIS BOAT, IT SHOULD GIVE WOT AT 5800.BENNINGTON DOES HAVE A PERFORMANCE CHART FOR THIS PROP AND BOAT SHOWING 32MPH TO 34MPH

Last edited by a moderator:
I had two 15 pitch props on my old Mercury 115 and they were both dialed in very well.  One was a Black Max, the other a Spitfire.

Redfish, my boat came with an aluminum 13.5 x 15 prop on my Yamaha F115.  Which series boat you have definitely makes a difference as well as your toon setup.  My R series with only two toons does 27mph at wot.  If you are looking to reach the numbers you stated then you need to get the 150 motor

I just installed the 14x13 pontoon performance series Yamaha prop. 5750 to 5800 wot but no gps....can tell you it gets much better bite off the get-go with a noticeable better top speed, just can't tell you how much better. End of story is that I am very pleased with the purchase. As point of ref...I have a 2012 2274gl with the 115. It came from dealer with a 13.5x15 aluminum economy prop. It wasn't bad but failing to raise the motor and allowing the prop to bounce off bottom in shallow water last season forced my hand. No regrets and now I remember to raise the motor :)

I just installed the 14x13 pontoon performance series Yamaha prop. 5750 to 5800 wot but no gps....can tell you it gets much better bite off the get-go with a noticeable better top speed, just can't tell you how much better. End of story is that I am very pleased with the purchase. As point of ref...I have a 2012 2274gl with the 115. It came from dealer with a 13.5x15 aluminum economy prop. It wasn't bad but failing to raise the motor and allowing the prop to bounce off bottom in shallow water last season forced my hand. No regrets and now I remember to raise the motor :)
Glad you are liking the new prop. I have the exact same one coming in next week. Super excited. Hit 29.1 GPS tonight with my 21slx 115 express tube with a 13.75x13 aluminum Solas. Two kids two adults. Cooler full.

I have gotten 31+ on GPS with 2adults 1/2 tank of fuel. 2014 22SL. Twin log with strakes using 13.5/15 Yamaha prop.

I have gotten 31+ on GPS with 2adults 1/2 tank of fuel. 2014 22SL. Twin log with strakes using 13.5/15 Yamaha prop.
What rpm are you running Dano? Is that prop ss or aluminum?

sorry to be so slow to respond   work gets in the way.  i am running a standard yamaha alum. prop.  13.5x15  and running at 6000 rpm

Back