Protect Garmin

Ken1052

Reaction score
I am a brand new owner of a 2023 22SSR and I have a question. The boat has a recessed Garmin 743 installed and does not come with a protective cover as it is recessed. I am looking for recommendations on how to protect the Garmin from sun, rain, damage when I do not have the cover on the boat. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you

Check amazon.com, they had them in the past .

I assume when you mean its flush mounted, the edges of the unit still protrude out of the console? This cover should snap right on it.

I assume when you mean its flush mounted, the edges of the unit still protrude out of the console? This cover should snap right on it.
Thank you for your response. Actually the dealership calls is a recess mount and the edges do not protrude, the are literally flush with the console. Any other info will be appreciated. Thank you.

Have you checked with Garmin ? I have posted their phone number here in the past ,you can search for it in the upper right corner. I don't have it with me right now to post it in this thread.

Try this one for Garmin
1-800-800-1020

Thank you all. Checked with Garmin and they don’t have a solution. Looking into other alternatives.

My 22 SX22 has the Garmin in-dash 7" unit and it has a plastic cover to protect the unit from the elements. I also have the Simrad 7" which is the same unit and have purchased a cover online for it online at Amazon.

Thank you for your reply.. My dealer has advised that since I have a recessed mount that the cover does not fit/adhere to the unit which is why they did not include it. I am looking for other options where the cover will not work.

I have a 2020 with a recessed Simrad 7" and did not have any luck finding a cover. Being recessed, there is not enough of a gap for the cover to slide on my Simrad.
I ordered a couple of covers from Amazon in case they needed returned, which they did. One of them was similar to Part # 145-03287-20.
The covers I tried that did not work were:
Simrad Go7 Suncover For The Flush Mount Kit (Part #000-12368-001) and
Simrad 000-12367-001 Suncover, Surface or bracket mount

I tried a static cling window tint and it worked for a little while.
Currently I use a towel if the bimini is not raised.

Last edited:
Okay, this idea is kind of out there, but my wife buys something like wax paper but it actually “sticks” to pans. Maybe a roll of that would solve your problem.

Thank you for your response. Actually the dealership calls is a recess mount and the edges do not protrude, the are literally flush with the console. Any other info will be appreciated. Thank you.
Can you send us a picture of your console with the GPS mounted? I'm wondering if you have enough real-estate around it that you could fabricate a "flip down" mount with a thin piece of clear or tinted plexiglass, or acrylic, rayon etc and a small piano hinge or indoor / outdoor velcro across the top to hold it in place
Just thinking out loud

Back