PSA Boat ramp etiquette

Wild and Free

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, I need to put a shovel in the truck!

Love it.

I haven't seen this posted here, sorry if it has been been.

It is a time lapse from '09 on Lake Tahoe. Some nice boats. A couple of nice Chris Crafts. I only saw one pontoon..

Interesting to see the folks who know what they are doing, and those that don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho1705vkc-k

Love it.

I haven't seen this posted here, sorry if it has been been.

It is a time lapse from '09 on Lake Tahoe. Some nice boats. A couple of nice Chris Crafts. I only saw one pontoon..

Interesting to see the folks who know what they are doing, and those that don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho1705vkc-k
Mesmerizing! I've only been doing this boating thing for about a year and a half now, but I gotta say, I feel kinda like the guy in the 'how to dock like a boss' video compared to most people at the ramp. :) I'm glad I got most of my learning in when it was still too cold for the crowds. Good fun to watch though. 

Just glad I do not tow otherwise I would have to change my name to shovelface

It's one thing to be a beginner at something.  Everyone is a beginner at some point.

It's another thing to be disrespectful of other people's time at the ramp by doing things on the ramp that you could have done in the parking lot or while waiting in line.  There's no excuse for disrespect.

I'm sure no one would hit you with a shovel Mark!  Now, they might hit you in the head with a beer, but it would only be because you weren't looking.

:D

Hey Kay not that they're being disrespectful.........Some people just don't think. Some people just don't plan ahead. Some people just don't get it........for example in Virginia we had 5 ramps at the marina and all were full at the time. Everybody was waiting patiently for their turn both loading and unloading. Well the guy in front of me w/a bowrider backs his trailer halfway down the ramp then decides to load his coolers, towels, wakeboard, put his Bimini up etc. etc. What the hell was he doing when we were all waiting in line? Didn't think, Didn't plan ahead........the owner of the marina stands out there and directs traffic so to speak when it's busy. He had a few choice words for him......

Back