PTM Edge: PCX 20 vs UCX 17 w/ VR100 or140

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
Need advice picking a perfect mirror: the PCX20 rail mount allows the mirror to be off to the side and possibly allow better viewing, the UCX17 mounts on the Helm in a more permanent manner and seems it would better fold out of the way when not pulling skier/tuber, though I have seen here the rail mount does not interfer with the cover. These both come with the VR 100 14" wide mirrors (product catalog has different descriptions but assume they are the same) vs the VR 140 (20" wide). Both are 6" tall. The 20" wide seems a bit much, but some comments I found love that it's a full skier/tube view from side to side, my primary use. Any advice or feedback is appreciated, I see all sorts of praise for the rail mount on this forum but not much on the Helm mount or larger mirror. Thank you.

“IF” you have a power Bimini , check the location where you want to mount it . I could not mount one on my last boat . As far as the helm mount ,I was not drilling holes in my helm and possibly void the warranty if it were to crack later

I don't think it matters which one you pick. Both high quality well made mirror systems! It all depends on how you want it installed for your best viewing. I've never had a helm mounted mirror so I can't help you there. But having the small mirror PXR-100 for 13 yrs. and most recently the PCX-20 I can vouch for ease of installation using the set screws and double faced tape and the durability of the product itself. The biggest thing that my wife and I had to get used to is the size of the panoramic mirror. It's much bigger than our old one but the field of vision is so much better!!!

I don't think it matters which one you pick. Both high quality well made mirror systems! It all depends on how you want it installed for your best viewing. I've never had a helm mounted mirror so I can't help you there. But having the small mirror PXR-100 for 13 yrs. and most recently the PCX-20 I can vouch for ease of installation using the set screws and double faced tape and the durability of the product itself. The biggest thing that my wife and I had to get used to is the size of the panoramic mirror. It's much bigger than our old one but the field of vision is so much better!!!
Thank you Daril! I noted the PCX20 comes with the Wide Angle standard, the Panoramic (20" wide) can be sub'd for an extra fee. Did you get wider Panoramic or the the standard Wide Angle?

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 18
Thank you Daril! I noted the PCX20 comes with the Wide Angle standard, the Panoramic (20" wide) can be sub'd for an extra fee. Did you get wider Panoramic or the the standard Wide Angle?
We have the wide angle standard. (Which is plenty big coming from the small mirror) I didn't know they made a 20 inch version. Must be huge!!!

We have the wide angle standard. (Which is plenty big coming from the small mirror) I didn't know they made a 20 inch version. Must be huge!!!
I sent in a request to PTM about the angle of view for the VR100 vs VR140 (14" vs 20"). Will report back. Obviously no one has experience with both, and have not found clarity on the ability to get full side to side view of swings for a tuber or skier with the VR100. I am thinking about the helm mounted version, and mounting on the left side so the mirror is centered when in use. Then fold down for non-towing out of the way....

I sent in a request to PTM about the angle of view for the VR100 vs VR140 (14" vs 20"). Will report back. Obviously no one has experience with both, and have not found clarity on the ability to get full side to side view of swings for a tuber or skier with the VR100. I am thinking about the helm mounted version, and mounting on the left side so the mirror is centered when in use. Then fold down for non-towing out of the way....
Well I can attest to the fact that the skiier is always in full view especially with our new mirror. You can literally see everything back there! When we are not skiing I still use the mirror to observe what is around me. We never fold it down but you are able to if needed......Send forum member Jibby (a PTM customer service rep. a PM. You should get a quicker response.......

Back