Question About USB Port On New Bennington Console

LakeOconeeGuy

Reaction score
My 2012 Bennington is on order and I forgot to ask the dealer about the stereo USB connection on the console...

Anyone know if I need a special connector from Bennington for my iPhone/iPod or do I just use the standard Apple USB cable that connects the device to my computer today?

Also, does the Sony M6 Stereo which comes standard on the R series allow you to select playlists, choose songs, etc through the stereo dash remote itself? (Verses selecting playlists / songs on the iPhone and then having it play through the stereo)

Thanks for your help!

Gene

My 2012 Bennington is on order and I forgot to ask the dealer about the stereo USB connection on the console...

Anyone know if I need a special connector from Bennington for my iPhone/iPod or do I just use the standard Apple USB cable that connects the device to my computer today?

Also, does the Sony M6 Stereo which comes standard on the R series allow you to select playlists, choose songs, etc through the stereo dash remote itself? (Verses selecting playlists / songs on the iPhone and then having it play through the stereo)

Thanks for your help!

Gene
I just ordered a 2012 R series also. I don't have it yet but I am quite sure that you will be able to just plug in your ipod to the USB port on the dash with the same cable that you use to plug into your computer. I don't know about the remote but I sure hope it work the way you describe.

htMy link

Thanks MrFreeze for the tip of checking out the receiver at Crutchfield.com! I did a little research on the Sony CDX-M60UI Marine Receiver and found the following info:

"Integrates with iPods and iPhones. The USB input on this receiver has iPod and iPhone direct controls built in. This means you can simply plug your iPod or iPhone into the USB with the wire that comes with all iPods and it will play back through this receiver. In addition when your iPod is plugged in it will get charged. When your iPod is plugged into the receiver you will be able to use the controls on the receiver to change songs and operate your iPod."

Looks like I'm all set!

Just plug it in with the white Apple cable. The M6 will fully control your iPod.

Thanks for your help!

Gene

Back