Question for 2275 GCW Owners

StevL

Reaction score
We have a 24 SSLX on order and it will be here another 3 weeks (roughly). My wife and I really like the 2275 GCW (and our dealer has the gcw we like in stock) but my wife has one major problem. She is very concerned about being able to lay on her stomach so she may get her back tanned.

She has actually laid on both boats (sslx & gcw), she can lay diagonal on the sslx rear lounger but can't figure a way to lay in the gcw without having her legs stick up the seat back of the lounger. The other seats in the gcw are too short.

I'm concerned but it's a really big deal to my wife, and you all know mama has to be happy :)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Is there a filler cushion, ice chest, etc. that would work between the rear loungers?

Thx,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the gcw, but don't have this problem as I always have to many people on board for people to stretch out. But I was thinking, what about the floor if you have carpet.

I have the gcw, but don't have this problem as I always have to many people on board for people to stretch out. But I was thinking, what about the floor if you have carpet.
We will have snap in carpet and that's what I told the wife.... wasn't the *best* answer :blink:

Steve

We got the front filler cushion for our boat. However we always keep it in front of the port gate. The opening is larger than the seat so there is a small gap on the edges, but it makes a long bench to lay out on. Also we sometimes put the seat in front of the port gate but facing forward so you can face forward on long rides.

We got the front filler cushion for our boat. However we always keep it in front of the port gate. The opening is larger than the seat so there is a small gap on the edges, but it makes a long bench to lay out on. Also we sometimes put the seat in front of the port gate but facing forward so you can face forward on long rides.
That is an interesting use of the optional bow seat. I'm going to try that some this summer.

Buy some comfortable floats so the ladies can sun their backsides once you reach the sandbar. We also will throw the floats out while in a quiet cove.

I have the optional bow seat and we keep it in the port gate opening on our 2250 gcw as well so unless your wife is 12 feet tall she can stretch out in that spot with ease.

I have the optional bow seat and we keep it in the port gate opening on our 2250 gcw as well so unless your wife is 12 feet tall she can stretch out in that spot with ease.
Don't mean to be a Don Downer....Melanoma. Stay in the shade. I'm 60 now and man you can see and tell those who were the sun worshipers in our boating group. It looks great when you are young to middle but later in life..... :( I even wear long sleeve shirts on the boat these days and big floppy hats. We just ordered a Bennington with dual bimini...to hide from the sun. There is plenty of incidental, reflective, diffused radiation and being in the water to get the "job" done. My dermatologist loves to see me coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have the optional bow gate seat as well. My wife moves it to the port gate opening and lays on her stomach when she wants to sun her back. The bow gate usually stays there until we are ready to anchor up and head out. The seat is light weight and easily movable. One other obvious suggestion, my wife does as well, is lay on a raft while in the water and tan her back. It's never been a problem for us. Good luck....we love our 2275 GCW and so does everybody else that sees it.

Sounds like the bow gate seat may be the best option. Will look into it tomorrow :)

We are going to look at a 2275 GCW Limited that we have been offered a great deal IMHO.

Thanks for the opinions on the tanning issue.

Steve

I didn't order the bow seat but am having second thoughts. I think it looks nice especially located in the bow. I had concern with sitting backwards when underway as well as the stability because it is not attached; does it rock with turns or rough waves?

I didn't order the bow seat but am having second thoughts. I think it looks nice especially located in the bow. I had concern with sitting backwards when underway as well as the stability because it is not attached; does it rock with turns or rough waves?
I just ordered a boat with the bow seat. I have never had one with it in the past but I looked at it in the show room and it fit nicely and seemed to me to be very stable.

We did make the change to 2275 GCW Limited. I'm very happy to do this and the wife likes everything but still concerned about that tan. Told her if it became a real problem I would have a local boating trim shop make a filler using factory Bennie vinyl. Now we are both happy :)

Cheers,

Steve

Back