Question on boat cover

tinkertoy

Reaction score
I put the cover on today for the first time. There is a long strap attached to a clip on the rear and I don’t know what it is for. There is a similar clip on the other side.
Can someone tell me what this strap is for? See pics:B75EF1C4-CB82-469E-B6B3-F36453F46514.jpeg7D83A852-C44A-4EBA-859E-524C71DFBB87.jpeg

You can loop it around your bimini to create upward pull on the cover in the back. That helps to keep water from pooling up on it, and instead running off. They do this since you cannot get a mooring cover support pole back there due to configuration and seating in the rear. :)

I never got a strap with our new boat in 2017, and didn’t really realize that I was missing one until my second year. I wish I had known about it then so I could have asked about it and gotten a replacement. Water always pools up in our port side rear section of the mooring cover above my swingback seat. :confused:

You can loop it around your bimini to create upward pull on the cover in the back. That helps to keep water from pooling up on it, and instead running off. They do this since you cannot get a mooring cover support pole back there due to configuration and seating in the rear. :)

I never got a strap with our new boat in 2017, and didn’t really realize that I was missing one until my second year. I wish I had known about it then so I could have asked about it and gotten a replacement. Water always pools up in our port side rear section of the mooring cover above my swingback seat. :confused:
Vikingstaff. This will probably be our first post answered that can't be added to or disputed. Perfect!

Vikingstaff. This will probably be our first post answered that can't be added to or disputed. Perfect!
Well actually.... Hahaha only thing I will add / ask, is there a reason you have the bimini dropped all the way down instead of on the trailering struts? I'm not 100% sure how effective the strap will be pulling horizontal vs a slightly more vertical for reducing the pooling.
At least from the pictures it doesn't seem to be in trailering form

Thanks a lot, I get it now. The reason I dropped my bimini top down was for visibility mostly. It was right in my rearward vision. My boat is kept at my house on the lake and will never be trailered.
Thanks again to all.
TT

Back