Questions for "Oregonizm"

Friar

Reaction score
"Oregonizm" - Just looked at the pictures you posted - raised a bunch of questions!?! :huh:

Like: 1. What is the woman laying in and why?

2. What is the thing secured to the starboard side of the boat?

3. How is the thing secured to boat?

Maybe you explained this somewhere already but I searched the site and could not find it - help?

Hi Friar .... my wife is sitting in a hot spring that's right at lake level so you can keep it at the perfect temperature.

My Stand-up Paddleboard (SUP) is hanging on a rack that I had made for it on the starboard side. It's like a large surfboard with a removable keel and a long one bladed paddle that you stand up on, balance and paddle around on and it's inside a travel bag in the photo. I had a couple of aluminum racks welded up that just hang over the fence rail and I slid some neoprene pipe insulation over the aluminum to pad both my SUP and the boat fence. Then I wrap a couple cam-straps around that for when we're on the road. The SUP is easy, fun and good exercise. Happy tooning!

Hey thanks for the explanation. I had never heard of that lake before (even though I went to high school and Univ of Oregon for a couple years) so had to wiki it - says it is fed by hot springs and snow melt, so what is the temperature of the water?

Also great idea on the device to hold your SUP; seems to me a great idea. As soon as I saw it I thought about using something like it to hold inflated tubes temporarily. I have 3 that we use (one at a time) but different people like different tubes so I frequently have 1 or 2 taking up space on the toon when another is in use. Plus usually in the middle of tubing, we usually stop at a sandbar and eat. It would be a good way to keep them out of the way - I am sure there would be other uses for it.

Paulina is cold, colder and freezing unless you're very near a hot spring. It's right in my backyard though so I spend a fair amount of time there snowmobiling in the winter and playing on the lake in the summer. I used to live in Eugene, very near the U of O (notice the Duck flag hanging on the stearn). I used 1/4" by 1" aluminum for my SUP rack and had it welded so that a 4" hook hangs over the inside of the fence rail. The Bennie rails are 1-1/4" so I made the inside measurement of the hook 2-1/2" and then slipped on the 3/4" neoprene pipe insulation. That makes a pretty tight fit but it doesn't rattle or bounce around and I think it would work for holding tubes. We just got our Bennie this winter and the lakes haven't warmed up enough for tubing yet so let me know how your design works .... I may be looking for something to do the same job here pretty soon. Go Ducks!!

Back