Rack Storage at the Lake

AWK

Reaction score
Curious, does anyone here rack store their boat at a lake, where you can call 30 minutes prior and they drop it in a slip? Then when done, they button up the playpen cover and put it back. This is on a large chain of lakes. We have to wait often to put in in and/or take it out at the public launch.

Thanks, AWK

I don't do it since we keep the toon on our lift but there are quite a few of them on the lake, The Benny dealer here (Lake Norman Marina) has a rack setup and those guys were jumping on Saturday. They also had a in-water boat show Friday and Saturday. Nice toons.

I don't do it since we keep the toon on our lift but there are quite a few of them on the lake, The Benny dealer here (Lake Norman Marina) has a rack setup and those guys were jumping on Saturday. They also had a in-water boat show Friday and Saturday. Nice toons.
I was checking out your pics of your dock.... SWEET! I can't afford to be on the lake so I trying to find a better way than loading and off loading. The Public site we use is very busy, then many times we have run into people who have had way to much to drink and don't really think straight!

AWK

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw online where one marina badly damaged a pontoon boat with their forklift. Some marinas require use of expensive metal racks under the pontoon boats--so their forklifts lift the rack and not the boats.

An alternative is in water storage on a float style boat lift. Float style lifts often are available used, if you keep your eye open.

I'm spoiled to a non-floating double boathouse that's like a garage, with the tritoon sitting on a big rack suspended by 4 cables.

Anyway it goes, it's important to keep your boat's seats and deck completely dry for long life.

Back