Railing panels

Lilguy

Reaction score
My boat has small dents in the railing filler panels on one side of the boat. Got a we owe from the dealer to replace them over the winter. Not sure how big a deal it is to replace them. They appear to be plastic, not sure if seating assemblies need to be pulled. Anyone ever had such a repair done? Thanks

My boat has small dents in the railing filler panels on one side of the boat. Got a we owe from the dealer to replace them over the winter. Not sure how big a deal it is to replace them. They appear to be plastic, not sure if seating assemblies need to be pulled. Anyone ever had such a repair done? Thanks
"Railing filler panels"?!? Do you have a pic?!?

The plastic, I believe, panels thats fill in the railings. it looks like small hail dents in several ports panels.

Attachments

• 1F4246CD-8874-4FA7-9958-100EA74810EE.jpeg
    1F4246CD-8874-4FA7-9958-100EA74810EE.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 42
The embossed sheet aluminum panels are swaged into the railings. As such they are not a separate service part. Eliminating hail dents is kind of a big deal in that the whole fence assembly must be replaced.

Thanks, Its something that was not a deal breaker, just brought it up and they put it on a we owe and then a repair order. Will be dealt with over winter. Is it doable at the shop level?
All input greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Aluminum doesn't react well to PDR (paintless dent repair) it tends to oil can, especially on big flat surfaces. It is hard to tell from your picture but those look like fairly large dents just behind the silver accent panel, If this was my new boat I would ask for new panels.

That's aluminum ,if your dealer has already said they will replace, no worries.
I've got a few things being replaced this off season too.

Back