Ramp or Boarding Ladder for Dog

gdskin2022

Reaction score
Just picked up a new Bennington Triton at the end of last summer I am looking for a ramp / steps that will allow our 90lb lab to safely get back on the boat. Based on what I know likely a 20-24" distance between the deck and the water and he's too heavy to lift by hand. I have been researching and have come across a few models but looking for any recent examples that people could recommend. Also, new to this forum and did do a search on this topic but did not find much beyond some posts from 2013/14. Thanks.

We use Paws Aboard. It works good for my Spoiled Rotten 110lb German Shepard with worn out hips. I installed an additional set of steps on the back so we Humans can get back in while She is in the water.

Same here, Paws Aboard. Have not tried it on the pontoon but worked great on our fiberglass boats.

Just picked up a new Bennington Triton at the end of last summer I am looking for a ramp / steps that will allow our 90lb lab to safely get back on the boat. Based on what I know likely a 20-24" distance between the deck and the water and he's too heavy to lift by hand. I have been researching and have come across a few models but looking for any recent examples that people could recommend. Also, new to this forum and did do a search on this topic but did not find much beyond some posts from 2013/14. Thanks.
do a web search for doggy dock it clips right on the cleats on the front of the boat i have two 150 pound newfoundlands

do a web search for doggy dock it clips right on the cleats on the front of the boat i have two 150 pound newfoundlands
These look like an interesting option - so rather then using their mount, you use the front cleat? Anything extra you have to do to keep secure? Do you have the jumbo with the floats, folding or regular for those "little" dogs?

How do you like the Solstice Inflatable ramp? We are in need of something to allow the short-hairs free and easy access back onboard. Thanks!

When we had our old boat we looked for a ramp/doggy stairs that we could attach to the ladder ladder but we never found one that was functional that we liked. When we brought our son's dog onboard she would just swim to the top of the stairs and we would just grab the top of her vest and give her a little help/boost to make it the rest of the way up.

I searched everywhere, Another Brand must have done out of business :) :cool:

Back