RCWT spec sheet wrong?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
I was just looking at the RCWT spec sheet and it says under 'console features that it comes with 6 lighted kicker speakers, Wet Sounds amp, subwoofer and after remote. Doesn't the RCWT come with the Wet Sounds xs-650's? There is no option for speaker upgrade on it. I would think that since it is the 'big sound setup with Wet Sounds year's that this is a typo? It even shows as being updated yesterday. I know you guys have a lot on your plate getting everything up and running for the new model year so thought I'd let you know/question it.

Derrick

Wet Sounds boys are working on a modified speaker for our furniture...their current speaker does not fit properly so we had to punt back to Kicker speakers . :huh: could be a few months before WetSounds gets a replacement for us. All the spec sheets will be changed to reflect this. TB

Wet Sounds boys are working on a modified speaker for our furniture...their current speaker does not fit properly so we had to punt back to Kicker speakers . :huh: could be a few months before WetSounds gets a replacement for us. All the spec sheets will be changed to reflect this. TB
That's kind of weird, what locations doesn't it fit properly in? Those xs-650's are GREAT sounding speakers! There is no way I would want to go with a lesser quality speaker after hearing them.

Derrick

Derrick, I can't imagine what the wet sounds speakers sound like. I am very happy with the sound from my 4 kicker speakers, they are vastly superior to the upgraded speakers in my last boat. I can rock the boat during a cruise playing my ipod to the point that my wife is always asking to turn it down no one can talk

Derrick, I can't imagine what the wet sounds speakers sound like. I am very happy with the sound from my 4 kicker speakers, they are vastly superior to the upgraded speakers in my last boat. I can rock the boat during a cruise playing my ipod to the point that my wife is always asking to turn it down no one can talk
I assure you the clarity of them is quite impressive! Worth every penny. I found out what the issue is, not a huge problem, should be fixed up in a while. If I did magically sell my boat and be ordering a new one, I would see if Bennington could just not install any if the 6.5's and just send me out the Wet Sounds ones when it's all figured out. If I don't sell it, then I guess I will need to be ordering some for this boat. Dang! I could've waited a year too if I'd have known about this RCWT. My 'old' boat only had 33 hours on it! Haha and this one has 25!

Derrick

Oh and don't get me wrong, the Kicker's don't sound bad at all, they are a good speaker, just not quite as good as the Wet Sound ones. They would probably sound much better if they were actually getting more than deck power to them as well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with you Derrick. I love my 2011 2275 rcw, but Damn bennington to hell for introducing a tower right after I bought mine. I got 35hrs on mine now. Don't think it would be financially responsible to trade in. But then again, I'd be helping the economy and all the men and women that have families to support. Shame on me for NOT buying another one!!!!

Todd

I'm with you Derrick. I love my 2011 2275 rcw, but Damn bennington to hell for introducing a tower right after I bought mine. I got 35hrs on mine now. Don't think it would be financially responsible to trade in. But then again, I'd be helping the economy and all the men and women that have families to support. Shame on me for NOT buying another one!!!!

Todd
Well spoken, sniff sniff, you my friend, are a true Patriot.

You try that argument first, ill wait to see your outcome before I attempt it on my wife.hehe

Derrick

Hmm, here is another question for those that are in the (TB) why did you put the port/HUGE speaker grill on the door of the helm as opposed to in the footwell facing the captain's feet? I understand the need for it, just not sure I love the look of it. Just wondering is all.

Derrick

Back