Removing Power Steering Oil From Carpet

ArtJ

Reaction score
Has anyone had success removing power steering fluid (oil) from, carpet using product called "Oil Eators" or something similar?

Artj I remembered you asked this question last year sometime. Did you try that Awesome cleaner full strength? It took a little work but I ended up getting it out with no visible trace. (We sold the boat this spring.) If that didn't work I would also try Dawn dishwashing liquid or some good degreaser. Last, you can rent a powerful carpet cleaner/vac and literally suck it out.....

Mine was replaced under warranty. Seeped into the wood under decking too.

Artj I remembered you asked this question last year sometime. Did you try that Awesome cleaner full strength? It took a little work but I ended up getting it out with no visible trace. (We sold the boat this spring.) If that didn't work I would also try Dawn dishwashing liquid or some good degreaser. Last, you can rent a powerful carpet cleaner/vac and literally suck it out.....
Has anyone had success removing power steering fluid (oil) from, carpet using product called "Oil Eators" or something similar?
UPDATE: Located professional carpet cleaner (also pontoon owner) willing to attempt removing considerable amount of oil. He used what he called "special sauce" and hot water (180 F) to extract oil using a high powered spray/suction wand. After 45 minutes carpet looked like new...treated with Scotch Guard and $145 later (paid by the Marina) saved the day!

Back