Replace Batteries/Remove Live Well

Florida

Reaction score
Hi, I've had a 2015 20' Bennie for two years (first boat) and I need to replace the batteries.

Is this generally done by removing the stern live well and getting easy access to the batteries, or by doing boat battery yoga and just working through the battery compartment access panel? I have a two battery setup so there isn't much room through the access panel.

If it is by removing the live well, is it the 4 screws on the back, the two screws to the deck just inside the access panel, and removing the live well hose?

Thank you everyone, much appreciated;

Hi, I've had a 2015 20' Bennie for two years (first boat) and I need to replace the batteries.

Is this generally done by removing the stern live well and getting easy access to the batteries, or by doing boat battery yoga and just working through the battery compartment access panel? I have a two battery setup so there isn't much room through the access panel.

If it is by removing the live well, is it the 4 screws on the back, the two screws to the deck just inside the access panel, and removing the live well hose?

Thank you everyone, much appreciated;
Maybe post some pictures. There are so many layouts and set ups that battery placement and how obstructed they are or are not is not standard across pontoons. For example, with our model and layout, one of my batteries is totally accessible, and one is simply an inconvenient fit, but still fairly accessible. For example with my boat:
B505B8DF-449E-4A1E-9317-70C4F776570B.jpeg

Attachments

• 6F91EDF6-DE02-434B-ABF5-88160EF37A9D.jpeg
    6F91EDF6-DE02-434B-ABF5-88160EF37A9D.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 10
Back