Replacement Radio

erik

Reaction score
It's been a roller coaster: Our 22SSL was stolen from our dock a couple of weeks ago. We reported it the police, notified the lake patrol, and filed an insurance claim. We were all set to buy a 2275GCW when a guy called and said he'd found our boat. The ignition was torn out, as was the radio (they also took just about everything that wasn't bolted down). It's at the dealer now.

I need a new radio, and I don't think I want to go with the original Sony. I'm pretty sure I can get a better radio for less on the aftermarket.

My question is: does anybody have advice about aftermarket radios?

Thanks in advance,

erik

I need a new radio, and I don't think I want to go with the original Sony. I'm pretty sure I can get a better radio for less on the aftermarket.

My question is: does anybody have advice about aftermarket radios?

Thanks in advance,

erik
I've become very fond of the Clarion Marine head units. I have direct experience with the CMD4a and CMD5, both offer numerous inputs and outputs, CENet interfaces for remotes and Satellite radio, and are about as waterproof as you can get. At one point their ads featured spraying the face of the head unit with a garden hose. I am hoping to be upgrading the radio in my 2002 2275 RL with a Clarion CMD4a, Sirius Radio CEnet interface, and Shakespear satellite antenna this weekend. Although he CMD4a is 53W per channel x 4 (19W RMS per channel into 4 ohm speakers at 1% THD) down the road I may add an amp and subwoofer. Might even add bluetooth near term, although the head unit has aux inputs that support a headphone jack style MP3 player input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one of these at Amazon:

41YMtRz3icL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jensen MSR180 Heavy Duty Marine Radio Sirius-Ready Satellite radio

And paired it up with one of these:

41ZAcMp9TtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jensen Marine SCC1BL SIRIUS Reciever Kit

I paid just under $120 for both, with shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a new radio for the boat. We mostly will plug the phone in and listen to IHeart radio. Does anybody know anything about this unit? Boss Audio Systems MR1580DI Marine Media Receiver (White)

by BOSS.

Back