Replacement toggle switch

kinzuakid

Reaction score
I need a replacement toggle switch for my 2006 Bennington 2275RL. I know I will likely have to go through a dealer but wondering if Bennington still has parts from that year. Anyone else had success with replacement parts on boats 10+ years old? Thanks.

Attachments

• 4CB4C846-8B7E-4F4B-B973-43769FC067B0.jpeg
    4CB4C846-8B7E-4F4B-B973-43769FC067B0.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 18
You can also try greatlakesskipper.com

I don’t think you will have any luck on most all parts for a boat of that age. Heck, they don’t even make the same main electrical harness for my boat…a 2017!!! They had to try 4 different versions of current main electrical harnesses to square away a major repair on mine this past year.

If you want to make sure all the switches match, you might need to order replacements for all the switches. Fingers crossed for you though. Hoping you find what you are looking for.

The rocker switches are generic and you do not have to go through your dealer to get replacements. New Wire Marine can tell you what style you have and furnish a replacement. Their customer service is exceptional. I replaced all my rocker switch covers last year and was very happy with them. New Wire Marine 843-612-8397

The rocker switches are generic and you do not have to go through your dealer to get replacements. New Wire Marine can tell you what style you have and furnish a replacement. Their customer service is exceptional. I replaced all my rocker switch covers last year and was very happy with them. New Wire Marine 843-612-8397
And there you go. Ignore what I pessimistically said :oops::D and follow Sunedog’s suggestion. I love this forum for the membership resources and suggestions it provides.:cool:

urggh...the joys of buying an older boat (2016) !! My nav/anc toggle switch is not working, it has 4 terminals and all I can find searching the recommended sites are 3 or 7 terminals. I did reach out to New Wire Marine, hopefully they can help. The Anchor (down) light works but up for Nav flashes then goes out, either bad switch or bad wiring I assume.

Call off the troops - stop the presses LOL..... I FOUND MY issue. I am so happy right now (insert me doing back flips :) ) - I found a wire shorted out and was able to correct it. I now have nav lights. Ready for my next older boat issue......
Haha 2016 is an older boat??? A 7 yr old boat is just getting started! I had a 2004 2275 RL I/O for 15 seasons. Sold it for what we paid for it! Crazy!

Thank you for the reference to New Wire Marine!! My switch covers were in bad shape, got all new replacements and a Low Beer alarm ;) - before and after photos - would be nice to find replacements for the back plate as well.

Attachments

• Switch after (1).jpg
    Switch after (1).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 21
  • Switch after (2).jpg
    Switch after (2).jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Switch before (1).jpg
    Switch before (1).jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 20
  • switch before (2).jpg
    switch before (2).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 21
Thank you for the reference to New Wire Marine!! My switch covers were in bad shape, got all new replacements and a Low Beer alarm ;) - before and after photos - would be nice to find replacements for the back plate as well.
Looks great! So, what kind of a sensor are you using for the low beer alarm? I’ve been pondering how to do something like that for quite some time.

Inspired thinking Kim. Ha!

Thanks! LOL.... Just a conversation piece for now but my story (for those who buy it ;)) will be that it weighs my trash can - certain weight of empties = low on beer. I have a few friends that will believe it.
Reminds me of my first year boating. Always, ALWAYS take the trash off the boat.

Back