replacing steering cable on 2005 22fs

flabrenz

Reaction score
Boat is on low profile dock lift so I cannot get under boat. Is the steering cable fastenened to the frame or deck anywhere along its length that would prevent me from pulling the cable out through the stern?

Thank you.

My '06 should be the same. The steering cable is just laid on top of the starboard log with no ties or clamps holding it in place. The only issue I see is where it curves up through the deck into the helm. All the other cables/wires come out of the same 4" hole and you're going to need a second person there to keep it from getting snagged while you are pulling from the stern.

Don't forget to attach a line to the old cable before removel to help with pulling the new cable through.

And please DO NOT go under your boat while on the lift. One cable fails and your a blip on the fish finder.

Thanks for the info and the reminder to attach a line to the helm end so that I can pull the new cable back through.  And trust me, I will not go under the boat while it's in the lift.  I am not that keen on becoming fish food. 

Thanks again guys !  :)

Back