Rockford PMX-2 Issues

Tmoore22

Reaction score
I had the boat out today and was having issues with my Rockford PMX2 head unit. I also have both the upgraded kicker speaker and upgraded sub/amp option.

When connecting through Bluetooth my phone connects just fine per usual there is just no audible sound playing out of the speakers. When I put my ear directly up to the speakers I can very faintly hear the music playing out of all 4 even though volume and sub volume are maxed out. Has anyone else had this problem before?

I plan on calling the dealer tomorrow as the boat is brand new this year and still under warranty. However if someone has a quick fix that would be nice rather than waiting on a Bennington audio expert to take a look.

My troubleshooting steps have been as follows

1. Forgetting the BT device on my phone and repairing
2. Trying a different phone with no luck
3. Trying different source FM radio (same issue)
4. Checked all wires behind dash to make sure they were secure. Including sub and amp (green light power on)
5. Went through all audio settings (balance, fade, gain, EQ, etc.) volume and sub max vol
6. Factory reset settings and system

It could be the amp and not the head unit. I have the same setup and my amp went out and did very similar to yours.

Just FYI, this simply turned out to be a bad head unit. The first Rockford Fosgate PMX 2 lasted half a summer. Dealer replaced it with a working PMX 3 free of charge. Gotta love the 10 year warranty.
Call Sirius, tell them you have a coupon for a free 3 month trial. If they tell you there is an activation fee ,tell them to forget it . Then they should say ok. If you are close to the end of your season, wait until next year .

Back