Rough River at Winter Pool

keepnitwet

Reaction score
I've been getting the itch now its the new year so I took a quick drive down to Rough this week. It definitely puts a damper on the itch seeing the water down to winter pool. I heard they are planning a survey on damn due to the high water levels from last year. I sure hope everything is good and they manage the spring rains a little better this year. If you spend time on Rough please chime in. I would like to meet up with some members this year and check out some other Bennies etc. We spend the majority of our time between Loral Branch and Little Cliffty.

Well, it’s been ~6 1/2 years since the OP, but I’m on Rough with a 2018 22SSXAPG. Pulling her out this weekend for winterization and storage. Have learned much, but have much to learn.

Perhaps we can commune for adult beverages next season...

Peace.

Wellllllll, Rough River Lake never made it to winter pool this season. They briefly got it down to summer pool about two weeks ago, but with all this cursed rain, she's still six feet over summer pool now!

NO MORE RAIN!!!!!

Peace.

Attachments

• 47CAD015-D2FF-4E46-9F00-49616C1FDB7D.jpeg
    47CAD015-D2FF-4E46-9F00-49616C1FDB7D.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 34
Any forumites on Rough? Just checking in. I know there are several nice Bennies on our lake...

Truman Lake in Missouri where we have our boat is 21 feet over pool as of yesterday. Our marina is closed. Memorial Day boating very much in jeopardy.

For everyone dealing with flood issues, I send my best. I just cannot imagine having to worry about that level of flooding. Best of luck!!!

Our lake is running through the dam the equivalent of 1.3 billion gallons of water an hour to bring down the lake level. It will still take three weeks to get back to normal, if we have no rain, which ain't going to happen.

WOW! We are only ~6 feet over summer pool, and dropping. I guess we are relatively fortunate.

Back