Rub Rail

Reaction score
Greetings! Our preordered 23' LXSR has arrived at the dealer but we're waiting for Yamaha to deliver the motor. As noted from other owners, due to supply chain issues, Bennington could not install the Heavy Duty Rub Rail (or pop up cleats) that we ordered. Dealer is recommending MegaWear Pontoon Guard which sticks to the sides of the pontoons and not on the rail itself. We prefer a more traditional rub rail to protect the metal rail from any bumps. Has anyone installed or had their dealer install an after-market rub rail that they recommend? Also, can pop-up cleats be added later Thanks!

Also, can pop-up cleats be added later Thanks!
I wish I had pop up cleats. I got a quote from the dealer to install all four. Close to $800. A little too much for me.
The above was posted in a thread last year. I don’t know any other details about the process. However, it does appear a member contacted their dealer in April of 2021 and inquired about this very thing. Not sure if the $800 was for the pop up cleats and installation, or just installation. Maybe call your dealer and look into it? Might be an option down the road when supply chains and parts catch up to demand.

For a time both the pop up cleats and rub rail were removed from the build site but are now back on. Will be curious to see what happens when ours rolls into production.

Back