Saying Good Bye For Now

highpond

Reaction score
The call of the road has pulled us over. We've put the Benny up for sale and we're buying a Motor Home. The experience here on the forum has been great. We've met a lot of new friends on the chats. Experienced some great ideas but it's time to move on. Thanks to all that have brought some delight during the dull days of winter and their adventures on the water during their boating seasons. Who knows we may be back. I've boated all my life. Some on the open ocean and some on Lakes so this may not be the end, it's in the blood. Bennington boats can not be beat.

Thanks to all.

We can appreciate that.  As seasonal campers and now boat owners we know what you are talking about.  Next thing on our list is a diesel pusher with a Benny on the back.  You only go around once.  Good luck, enjoy and be safe.   

Marlon and Joy

Goodbye Highpond, we will miss your camaraderie so every now stop back in for a visit.  If the road takes you up into the Adirondacks of NY contact me and I will take you out on my Bennington for old times sake  

Good luck with your future travels. You can't beat seeing America via an RV.

Sorry to see you go, but enjoy your journeys. You could hit all the lakes around the country and hopefully rent a Benny at each one.  :)

Just travel to lakes of members on here and "visit" them. Best of both worlds!

Good luck on your next journey.

Good luck with you new RV and your travels.

Highpond,

Though your selling The Benny keep in mind we would all look forward to hearing from you during your travels

Stop back every now and then, when in the area stop in and visit , you will always be part of The Bennington Family 

If you find yourself in and around Pittsburgh the door is always open 

Safe Travels and Best Wishes 

Pittsburgh_skyline_night.jpg

Highpond,

We wore out two Suburbans towing our travel trailer on the open road when our kids were young. We are looking forward to the next phase "retirement". We live in a country with endless beauty. Enjoy your travels and be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes for your new adventures. If you get to SE PA and need a hook-up your more than welcome. I can offer you a ride though, the lake is an hour away!

I can totally get behind this idea. We've been a bit torn lately between the boat and the idea of getting a little 4WD-friendly camper that we can pull to remote spots. Add in the fact that my Bennington dealer quit selling Bennington and now I don't have one within 400 miles and it's extra tempting! But a long weekend out on Lake Powell set me straight, for a few months at least. Anyway, have fun with the RV adventure. I'm biased, but I promise that driving it out west for a whole lot of time in southern Utah is well worth the gas! :)

After seeing your pictures over the last few years I am eager to see your area of the country bcpnick

Good luck Highpond!

Just got back from "camping" on the beach in Ft. Myers in my brother in laws RV. We were really roughin it in their 33 ft. Bounder w/3 slide outs, full kitchen, king size bed, 3 flat screen TVs, fireplace, electric awning w/a wind sensor........Camping has sure changed since I was a kid! 

Good luck Highpond!

Just got back from "camping" on the beach in Ft. Myers in my brother in laws RV. We were really roughin it in their 33 ft. Bounder w/3 slide outs, full kitchen, king size bed, 3 flat screen TVs, fireplace, electric awning w/a wind sensor........Camping has sure changed since I was a kid! 

Agreed BigKahuna, covered wagons are not in the same league as today's RVs

The Mrs. and I have been looking at buying a travel trailer once we move south. I grew up traveling across the good ol USA and loved it. Looking out of the massive windshield of a big Class A RV is the real 'Reality show"

I have had 2 motorhomes, the last one a 37 foot diesel pusher.  If I were doing it over again, I would go the 5th wheel route with a large pickup as my tow vehicle.  We always towed a Saturn behind the MH.  My cousin had a 35 foot diesel with a trailer on the back that had his blazer on it, and on the second level of the trailer, his fishing boat.

We call RV camping "Glamping" ..... Glamour Camping.  :D

Back