Seat stain or water mark?

Knot on call

Reaction score
2021 20’ SV the portable cupholder has left a white stain under it. I thought it was a water mark but seems to be brighter while drying. We tried cleaning with mild soapy water and worry that letting the sun dry, it may get worse? This is our first boat so everything is a first for us. We ordered this boat in January and took delivery in May. Not too pleased with the dealer but thats a different discussion. Any help is appreciated!80A90A27-9C31-4B82-B103-FEF33E7109BA.jpeg30F538C1-9DD5-4D75-86CD-7A76FC371010.jpeg

Welcome to the forum Knot on call. I would try cleaning it again with soapy water, let it dry and then apply some 303 vinyl protectant or some kind of vinyl protectant and hopefully that would revitalize the vinyl to it's original color......Worth a shot!

Here are the cleaning instructions for Simtex

Attachments

• Bennington Simtex.pdf
    461.9 KB · Views: 27
We've never seen something like that on this forum. With it being brand new, maybe it will fall under your warranty. Good luck and post some pictures of the rest of the boat.

The instructions Jack posted are for the Simtex. It’s the Simtex/Bennington presentation slides for cleaning the stuff per their guidelines.

I think it’ll just go away on its own. Obviously clean it and dry it, but I’ve had stains on my simtex and it just goes away when it dries.

2021 20’ SV the portable cupholder has left a white stain under it. I thought it was a water mark but seems to be brighter while drying. We tried cleaning with mild soapy water and worry that letting the sun dry, it may get worse? This is our first boat so everything is a first for us. We ordered this boat in January and took delivery in May. Not too pleased with the dealer but thats a different discussion. Any help is appreciated!View attachment 30649View attachment 30650
My apology. Didn't realize that was the Simtex fabric. Disregard my post earlier about applying vinyl protectant......

Here are the cleaning instructions for Simtex
Thanks! It’s clearing up(drying out) I guess. We will now store those cup holders just to be safe. It just seemed like a stain since it took several days to disappear. Thanks everyone for suggestions!

After they were never used our first year, both or ours have sat in a cabinet in my cottage garage. I honestly thought they’d be used more often. However, not so much. In part because we have a fair amount of them already built into the boat. Those have seemed to suffice nicely.

I should just put mine back out next year when we get our boat back and not say anything. My wife and kids would probably be “when did you get these? Do we need them?” ROFL.

I finally got some Fantastik, it cleaned off some 4 week old oily stains and new blood stains (kid's nose bleed, touched every seat he could find) with no issues where the Dawn did not work. Highly recomended.

mine do that all the time if the seats get water under the cupholders. they typically dry out. I am a big believer in 303 areospace protectant and use it religiously. Makes the seats easier to clean and provides uv protection. I have heard many say on this forum it is not necessary, all I can say is I am on season 3 and my seats still look brand new.

Back