Seat Stains on bench seat

Larson1865

Reaction score
Hi;  I was disgusted to see stains form on my back bench seat.  The spots formed under where my bimini cover had a water swell form after a rain.  I am careful to make certain any water swells are emptied as soon as they form.  I had not used the Bennington for about four weeks do to cruddy weather here in MN this September.  I have tried to clean it with Dawn detergent, Magic Eraser, 90% water/10% bleach solution, and 409.  Only lightened it but did not remove it.  I have read some posts on other sights that have recommended CLR for rust stains.  I am open to any suggestions.  I take meticulous care of it and also put 303 protectant on it regularly.  Any suggestions?  

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1895.JPG

Maybe try a cleaner dedicated to just vinyl.  My favorite is the stuff by Boat Candy.  Need to be really careful with basic household cleaners because I found that sometimes they make matters worse.  The Dawn and 409 are probably OK but I'd be careful using anything with Bleach.  CLR is great for stuff around the house but it's strong so try it on a hidden spot before you dive in with it on your seating area.  The 303 is awesome but that's only a protectant so only use it once everything is cleaned up.  At this point, I think I'd try a good vinyl cleaner before anything else.  My .02.

Give it some "sun" time. That helps fade stubborn stains sometimes. It's actually taken care of a couple things we had leave marks on our seats that would not disappear with normal cleaners. 

Note: I merged your duplicate posts. 

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for sun exposure.

Try LA's Totally Awesome cleaner from the Dollar Store.....Great on vinyl!!

303 makes a spot cleaner we've had great success with. Was pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

Sun sun sun. Neighbors had watermelon get on their new Benny. They let sun hit it and now it is gone. Over cleaning could damage the vinyl 

Back