Sharkshide question

Swingback

Reaction score
How do you know for sure that Sharkshide has been applied to your new Bennington.  I remember seeing new Benningtons at boat shows that had Sharkshide and not really looking any different.  Help a newbie out!

If the boat comes from the factory with Sharkhide, it will have tags attached.

This is the tag mine had from the factory /gallery/album_351/gallery_4015_351_442838.jpg

The dealor applied my sharkhide, no tag, just took his word for it.  I could not tell a visible difference.

It is at the dealer shrink rapped but I did not notice a tag.  I will have to look again for a tag.  If there is no tag is there any way to know by looking at the toons?

I just had the dealer reapply last week when mine came out of storage .I can tell it was done ,not sure how to explain it .

You could ask for him to show you the invoice from Bennington ,he may not if it has his prices on it .He could make a copy and black them out .

It's hard to tell when new, Bennington usually does a great job applying it. But if you do some looking underneath you can see where the application stops. It's wasn't easy on mine when new but if you look hard enough you'll see what I mean. After a few years you can easily pick those place out. 

I just had the dealer reapply last week when mine came out of storage .I can tell it was done ,not sure how to explain it .

You could ask for him to show you the invoice from Bennington ,he may not if it has his prices on it .He could make a copy and black them out .

If I may ask, what did the dealer charge to reapply the sharkshide?

Wish my dealer would do it. Heck, I'd have paid that or more to get it done. As it is, I had mine acid washed last winter because the toons looked so bad after one season. I'm kind of dreading seeing what they look like now. 

I put the Sharkhide on myself, it's actually quite simple.  We have several detail shops here in Lake Havasu City that will also clean the tubes and apply Sharkhide for very reasonable prices.  You might check with some detailers in your area and see if they would apply it for you.

I put the Sharkhide on myself, it's actually quite simple.  We have several detail shops here in Lake Havasu City that will also clean the tubes and apply Sharkhide for very reasonable prices.  You might check with some detailers in your area and see if they would apply it for you.

+1 on the sharkhide application being quite simple.   I also found the Faq guide by the company to be spot on and quite helpful. 

http://sharkhide.com/faq.htm

Back