SHO 250 Yamaho

Is this a good motor for the 2575 RCW Tritoon rough water package ?
Yes. In fact, that's probably the best overall choice for a well rounded boat.

The local dealer says its designed for bass boats, that the toon will be to heavy......the dealer that sold the boat ordered it for the original owner......says just the opposite.......I think they are wanting me to buy through them versus from the original owner

It was originally designed for bass boats, that's why it is only 505lbs and has a 20" shafts, that being said, yamaha also says that the saltwater series II is the best prop to be matched with it for pontoon boats, which it says is for large off shore boats, as opposed to their Performance Pontoon propeller, which is obviously designed for pontoon boats! The bigger thing is if the boat was ordered already to be used with an SHO motor, than it should have been ordered with a 20" transom as opposed to the regular 25". If it has the 20" already, not sure you could properly mount a normal motor on it, and vice versa.

Derrick

Oh and by the way, I have the 200hp SHO on my 2275RCW and LOVE it! Looks great, performs great, sounds great! And it moves it with NO PROBLEMS!

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy said something about the transom, this boat was ordered with this motor ....... I sure hope all is good ....... Thanks
I think 25" is "normal" for them, so 20" for the SHO is just a special situation.

I spoke to the dealer that rigged the boat, the transom is lowered for this motor.....the prop is at the same position as the 25".......I was assured that this Benni is properly setup......I am doing the deal.....Now Weather Permitting......I need to go pick her up.....It will be about an 1100 mile journey.....So Looking forward to this new toy

Thank You for the feedback

LakeRat

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck

You'll love it! Congrats!

My dealer says it wont handle properly with the sho on it. I would like to have the 250 v Max sho vs the F250 if for no other reason its 100lbs lighter... So the transom has to be shorter and built that way from the factory right? if so no issues?

My dealer assured me no issues at all on the SHO if I wanted it. Many on here also have them with no problems, but it does require a 20" transom. Other than that you're good to go.

TomS is right, as long as when the boat is ordered you get the 20 inch transom, she'll work like a charm!

Ok now I am worried we purchased our boat and it has the 250 Yamaha SHO on it whats a transom?

That's what/where your motor mounts to.

Yes, the thick plate where the engine bolts on is ready for either 20" or 25" engine shaft length from the factory. The SHO requires 20" whereas most of the other Yamaha's and Mercury's are 25" so they'll fit on a variety of deeper boats. The 20" is often targeted at shallow bass boats, flats boats, etc.

I've got this exact setup on my Q2575. I love the setup and if you are into water sports the SHO 250 really helps pull skiers out of the water with no problem.

Good to hear! Score one for the SHO!! Haha

Back