Simrad GO 7 Fuel Information

TxBenn

Reaction score
We just received our new 23LXSB. It has the Simrad GO7 unit mounted. I’ve looked all over the different screens trying to find the fuel status information. I’m sure it doesn’t have the typical gauge that reads full, 3/4, 1/2, so on. But somewhere it must show the information. Any help is appreciated.

We just received our new 23LXSB. It has the Simrad GO7 unit mounted. I’ve looked all over the different screens trying to find the fuel status information. I’m sure it doesn’t have the typical gauge that reads full, 3/4, 1/2, so on. But somewhere it must show the information. Any help is appreciated.
We have a new boat with the Go7. On our boat, they way it was delivered, it has options on the main screen and I have an Yamaha icon on the page with the Nav icon, sonar, down scan, side scan etc...The Yamaha icon brings me to my instruments and relevant info screen that displays about 10 perimeters , including fuel percentage. This is just our setup, so I am not sure how it would be on non Yamaha engines and if the dealer rigged mine a certain way, or not.

This is before the dealer added a fuel sending unit to communicate with the Simrad. See the fuel level to the left of the clock. You can customize your screen with what you want on it Screenshot_20210426-003610.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-003638.png
    Screenshot_20210426-003638.png
    660.7 KB · Views: 13
We have a new boat with the Go7. On our boat, they way it was delivered, it has options on the main screen and I have an Yamaha icon on the page with the Nav icon, sonar, down scan, side scan etc...The Yamaha icon brings me to my instruments and relevant info screen that displays about 10 perimeters , including fuel percentage. This is just our setup, so I am not sure how it would be on non Yamaha engines and if the dealer rigged mine a certain way, or not.
I did see that. The image on that screen seems to show a bar across the top with a gas pump on the left and a number on the right. Does that number represent the percentage of gas remaining? Also is there another screen other than the Yamaha screen that shows this information? Thank you for your help, I’ll check that our.

Mine is at the top .

Attachments

• 20200918_114745.jpg
    20200918_114745.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 55
As I get deeper into the Simrad, its very clear customization of the screen can vary more than the Bennington boat it's on. I did my main display screen to not have any digital dials and instead my RPM in large font and the other info on the side like Jack has, with the addition of my fuel and speed on the side. Im sure I will get tired of this display in a year and be swapping the looks. Lots of options.

After I get mine out of storage , I will check for updates, it could change the configuration again .

I aways find these Simrad gauge conversations interesting. Some of you have customized the set up in some very cool ways. Since I always have our lake map pulled up (big lake with lots of unsuspected shallow spots), I have never bothered configuring any of the data read outs.

Some of your cool set ups makes me want two Simrads. One for my lake map/gps, and another with customized digital controls and data set up. For sure some cool customization for those that use it.

This is before the dealer added a fuel sending unit to communicate with the Simrad. See the fuel level to the left of the clock. You can customize your screen with what you want on it View attachment 29705
Is this pic of the 7” or 9”? Which icon on the main screen gives you access to this display? I really like this layout.

The Merc display is very attractive, and make sure you play with the day/night settings as well. I attached my current favorite setup, as well as one alternate with depth/sonar and the night mode (GO9). I'm planning to do a video walkthrough of settings this summer: Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.53.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.55.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.56.20 PM.png

I clearly don't know how to use my simrad.
That's what quiet days on the water are for! :cool: Grab a couple beers and start clicking around. There are 3 or 4 mapping options, multiple display options, pre-set themes (one, two or three columns), networking/wifi options to stream to your phone or tablet, and lots more. As an admitted gadget-geek and professional tinkerer, it's a dream come true!

That's what quiet days on the water are for! :cool: Grab a couple beers and start clicking around. There are 3 or 4 mapping options, multiple display options, pre-set themes (one, two or three columns), networking/wifi options to stream to your phone or tablet, and lots more. As an admitted gadget-geek and professional tinkerer, it's a dream come true!
My wife is dreading the day the boat comes home. She said I suppose you’re one of those that will be sitting in the boat in the driveway. I said yup, all evening. If it’s too cold to boat (it snowed here most of the afternoon yesterday) I can at least go through all the settings and try to figure this thing out sitting in the driveway. Not to mention get all the gear stowed and sorted out. ;)

Is this pic of the 7” or 9”? Which icon on the main screen gives you access to this display? I really like this layout.
This is actually the 5. I'm sure you can get something similar on your 7. Or better!!!

Mine is set up with gallons remaining in the center.
Sir, is that a 7” or 9”? I have yet to see that on my display. I’d like to set mine up similar. It’s very easy to see there. Is that under the Instruments icon or the Yamaha icon? If you have a Yamaha. Thank you

Back