Simrad GO 7 PC interface?

timjet

Reaction score
Does Simrad have PC software that will allow me to create a route on the PC software and download that route to my Simrad Chartplotter?

Tim, it may depend on what map card you have in your Simrad. I know you can link your Simrad via wifi on your phone or similar and dispaly your Simrad screen using the Simrad app. If you have a Navionics map and the Navionics Boating app, you should be able to plot a course through your Navionics account and share it to the Simrad MFD. Maybe the same options with C-MAP but not sure.

Thanks for that FM. I am getting use to Simrad having formally used Raymarine and Garmin plotters up and down the intercoastal waterway. I rarely created a route on the plotter itself. Both Garmin and Raymarine had or have a seamless PC interface. My tritoon with the Simrad are on an inland lake in Florida and I am leaning how to plot the very few routes I need on the plotter itself. So I'll forgo the PC interface on the Simrad.

From the looks of it any .gpx or other GPS file extension can be pulled into your chartplotter using an import function. So if SIMRAD has an app (similar to Garmin and their Activecaptain) create your routes on that and export/import? Or I would think if using the SIM software that can just be synched using a mobile device?

I'm just spitballing.

Back