Simrad GO XSE, Depth reading intermittent

Same problem with the Simrad not reading above 18-20mph. I was told that the transducer needs to be moved to "clean" water for proper operation. Well I can't move it any more. I've had it at multiple positions and depths with the same result. All other functions are working properly......

Thanks. Mine doesn’t even last that long. Maybe to 10-11 mph then nothing. I’m going to move it down if I can when I get it out of the water. Once on my lift, I can work on it easily.

l have a garmin, but same issue. I moved mine as far as it can go as well. I still lose reading at about 18mph.

Got up to check my boat and take transducer mount pics. Tested by running up to ~45mph in one foot chop without loosing signal. Transducer is not as deep in the water as I remembered. The angle will impact accuracy, but my 5 degree drop would be off less than 1/2 inch at a 10 feet of depth so I'd rather have a solid signal.

I could get out my kayak and take a pic from the rear so you can get a better view if that would help.
IMG_2108.JPGIMG_2145.JPG

Back