Simrad

Dgj

Reaction score
Looking to remove the 2 mercury smart craft gauges in a 2017 25q and install a larger simrad and link it to the current go5 that is in the right side of the console. The 5 is to small to navigate from. Linking the gauges and 2 units isn’t to much trouble a shop said making it fit flush in dash and look factory may be the hardest part. Has any one seen it added to a boat. I have looked at the newer boats that only have the display. But never seen one that I knew was converted.

Not sure if you’ve seen a 5“ with gauges, but mine would be easy to read the gauges even without my glasses. I don’t have my engine hooked up (no need on a 20 ... lol) but I have scanned through them.

That is what the 5 will be used for and then use the 9 to navigate from. July 1 st begins a slow draw down for our lakes and from that point forward in the season there are times a good gps unit will keep you out of trouble.

If u call Bennington they can get u a blank dash insert however u want or blank. I will b running 2 side by side 9inch Simard to replace this

Attachments

• 244934BF-C414-4366-AD5F-E3C6B7BFA571.jpeg
    244934BF-C414-4366-AD5F-E3C6B7BFA571.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 45
you Still went through a dealer didn’t you We were looking at it and a whole new blank would be great. Especially with out the gauge holes.
Thank you

I let Bennington work it out with the dealer. I have some friends at Bennington since my family was a Bennington dealer for awhile so i knew who to call. they offered to make me what I want with a blank or just a blank. I opted for the blank. Which u can get exact same thing, i just dont like dealing with my dealer plus they take so long so i went to Bennington first and they got all the part numbers and basically ordered it for me thru the dealer.

Back