ski pylon

I used mine for the first time a week ago and had a hard time getting it out. You need to twist it about 1/4 turn.

I am sure you checked but it locks in place with a twist and you must twist in the other direction and then pull.

Jack

Mine is easier to install and remove when it is in the water

Since these things are rather heavy where do you store them when not in use?  Anyone stick them in the in floor storage compartment?

Since these things are rather heavy where do you store them when not in use?  Anyone stick them in the in floor storage compartment?
Mine has a set of factory brackets beneath the starboard rear lounger.

I personally wouldn't put it in the in floor storage since hard maneuvers could cause some serious damage to the toon. 

Mine has a set of factory brackets beneath the starboard rear lounger.
Thank you! I was wondering what that was for! Now I just need to get the cover for the hole back from my dealer. It was in the glove box when we were checking out the boat on the sales floor but removed after we picked it up. 

What if you don't have rear lounger seats?  Do they still provide a storage area with the factory brackets?

Also the in floor flange comes with a cover for when the pylon is not in use?

Also the in floor flange comes with a cover for when the pylon is not in use?

Yep. I found this pic of it in Chris Z's album:

gallery_5544_518_1749170.jpg

I have had my boat for a month with the large ski pylon, and never wanted it out.  It actually works well for an extra hand hold when on the back of the boat for tubing, etc.  It comes out easy, but storage is the bigger issue, even with the ESP in floor storage.  Just much simpler to leave in. 

The only thing I have learned to watch out for is the white nav light on the bimini top.  Depending on where I have that angled, it could hit directly into the pylon if down. 

Took a closer look at my ski pylon yesterday.  Seems that it can pull straight out with an upward pull.  The locking tabs are impossible to engage because the pylon is too long.  I removed the pylon and found an O ring about 3/6" thick on the pin on the bottom and removed it.  I was then able to engage the tabs about 1/2 way into the slots.  To go any further would have required a strap wrench to turn it the rest of the way. Seems to me like this shouldn't be that tight and that the tabs are supposed to engage with the O ring in place.  Anyone else have this problem?

Put some silicone on it.

Are you doing dry or in water. Lubricant helps. On dry land it a mother to get in or out. When MY boat is in the water, it's a breeze. I use water as a lubricant in the water as I do not want anything to cause a trip hazard.

Yes the boat's in the water.  I'll remove the O ring and try some water as lubrication.

Back