Some remaining question

lostpacket

Reaction score
Looking at the 21 SLX (possible SLXP), see attached image.

Is the premium package worth the $1,500? I noticed some pictures and I really like the cutout w/ cupholders and the seats look great but not sure if that alone is worth the price.

I'm going back and forth with the ext deck, again doesn't seem worth the $1,100 since it doesn't add a crazy amount of space.

Are new covers snaps or clips?

Is there a rub rail or do I have to add that on? Have the heavy duty selected but I didn't know if there was a default if I didn't chose that.

Does the warranty really cover everything (except the engine) for 10 years or is there fine print I'm missing?

This forum has talked me into the 150 over the 115 w/ SPS package. Do I need the added lifting strakes? The SPS has them on the center tube but I think the added puts them on the side ones.

I don't see a raise helm option so I'm assuming the bolster is my only option for getting more height?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-09-22 08.24.53.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-22 08.24.53.png
    260.3 KB · Views: 11
Lots of money for pretty seats, but they are nice. Can't help you on that one. I would get the ext aft if I had to do it again, but I set up a grill and having more room would be nice. My cover snaps across the bow back to the cleat, clips down the side to the stern. Get the rub rail installed. I believe the warranty is legit. 150/sps is all you need. I have the G series captains seat upgrade, might look into that, seat height doesn't bother me.

Yes on seats, ABSOLUTE yes on ext aft deck, snaps or clips are choice, but I LOVE our clips!! See the video I made on using the clips.
Not sure if Rub Rail is standard on that model, but get it if not. You won't be sorry after you bounce off the dock a couple times. Yes warranty is pretty much 100% bow to stern. Structure is lifetime (to original owner). Premium model offers elevated helm. I just checked. See below pic
As for motor, I'm clueless. I'm on a 20HP restricted lake.

Capture.PNG

IMG_0449.JPG
Looking at the 21 SLX (possible SLXP), see attached image.

Is the premium package worth the $1,500? I noticed some pictures and I really like the cutout w/ cupholders and the seats look great but not sure if that alone is worth the price.

I'm going back and forth with the ext deck, again doesn't seem worth the $1,100 since it doesn't add a crazy amount of space.

Are new covers snaps or clips?

Is there a rub rail or do I have to add that on? Have the heavy duty selected but I didn't know if there was a default if I didn't chose that.

Does the warranty really cover everything (except the engine) for 10 years or is there fine print I'm missing?

This forum has talked me into the 150 over the 115 w/ SPS package. Do I need the added lifting strakes? The SPS has them on the center tube but I think the added puts them on the side ones.

I don't see a raise helm option so I'm assuming the bolster is my only option for getting more height?

Thanks!

Hello lostpacket. We own the 2016 version of 21SLX and love it. As you can see from my signature below, we have most of the things you asked about.
1) The SPS and 150 is a must! Sealed strakes are on outside of center toon and are part of SPS. See picture attached.
2)When we bought, there was no premium package, and we are quite happy with the seats as is. We did get a sink in the helm, and it it great for when the GKids are on board, or when fishing. Added benefit is that the sink makes the helm storage much larger and that is welcome for sure.
3)Definite YES to extended aft deck. Great space for fishing, using the ladder, or just getting on the back to puck motor cover, or mooring cover on (our boat is in a slip and without the extended rear deck getting the cover on would be difficult or impossible.
4) clips on cover for sure. So much easier, and even with the two recent hurricanes we had around here, Matthew and Irma, the cover stayed on tight even though boat was in the water. There are snaps on bow portion of mooring cover, and they are a lot harder to deal with, but must be since the.y snap to the deck.
5) When we bought, a raised pedestal was not available, so this year I bought a taller pneumatic pedestal, with three inches of lift, and that is the answer. We do have the optional G model reclining helm and love it.

I would also recommend heavy duty rub rail, removable cup holders, second battery with selector/off switch, Garmin DV54 GPS/fish finder.

Just my opinion, but we did not get either side or box filler seat (always in the way), and also listened to ouR dealer when he recommended to NOT go with the second, front Bimini top. We really wanted added shade being in Florida, but dealer says it is time consuming to put up, and needs to stay at least up in radar position,or box gate not usable. So, we listened to him and if more shade is needed, can put up an umbrella when stopped.

Attachments

• IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1914.JPG
    IMG_1914.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 28
IMG_1918.JPG IMG_1918.JPG IMG_1918.JPG Oops, here is the pic I wanted to send of sealed strake and toons.

I don't have that exact model, but buy the most hp you can afford, as I've stated in the past..... you can always pull back on the stick when you want less power... not so much when you need more! I live our extended aft, wouldn't want to be without it. Clips are a must! We have the plush interior upgrade and love it. Heavy duty rub rail with give you piece of mind at the dock. Best of luck in your new purchase!

Rub rail and extended aft deck are both going to be very practical and well used over time. The boat is going to bump things: docks, lifts, other boats...whatever you have it next to. The rub rail can obsorb a large amount of it. Our rub rail is scuffed up a bit from our first summer on the water. Glad its the rub rail rather than dents and dings on aluminum.

The aft deck gives you tons of flexibility in a number of ways - many mentioned above: something to stand on when covering the boat, room to move around when getting on and off with rear ladder, an area to fish, or stand for getting tubing or skiiing set, a place to stand when covering the motor, or checking something out on the motor while on the boat, etc...

The only frivolous item you mention is the premium package upgrade. This goes both ways. You could save the $ here if your budget is getting tight. However, there are some small practical details/upgrades that are bundled with it that don't stand out unless you read all the details. It's more than just upgraded fabric and looks (although its mainly that). Me, I like things plush and premium. Thus, we went with the premium package on our 24' SBXP and we love it. We wouldn't want to go without it. That said, without it, our boat use wouldn't be any different, and there are not nearly the practical benefits that the above two options embody. It mainly makes the boat stand out more, and illicits more ewwws and ahhhs.

If in the budget, I'd do all three. If tight, I would prioritize the rub rail and aft deck. And I know you already said the forums talked you into it, but just secondeding the decision. There really is no contest in going from the 115 to the 150. A must do if one can afford it. I think its one of the better performance increases for the $ differential.

Went for a test drive yesterday and man that 150 sure moves! After seeing everything in person vs pictures we changed colors (Smokey Granite/Driftwood), flooring (Bamboo) and decided it's worth it to go premium with the Pillow Diamond Pressed Upholstery upgrade. It just looks SOOO much better with the pressed upholstery and the cup holders in the sides just make so much sense. I dropped the upgraded seat/raised helm since I'm 6'2 it didn't really add much anyway.

I think this is our final list, just need to work on price. :)

Boat Package
• 21SLXP -MERCPKG $33,071
Engines
• 150 HP 4 STROKE 25 IN $8,115
Prerig
• Mercury Pre-Rig $0
Panel Color
• Panel - Smokey Granite $0
Accent Panel
• No Accent $0
Canvas
• Canvas - Smokey Granite $0
Graphics
• Crystal Cap (SX/G) $0
Tops/Enclosures
• Bimini Top Curved - Not Lighted $335
Aft Deck Options
• Extended Aft Deck - S Series $1,138
Base Vinyl
• Driftwood $0
Furniture Add-ons
• Pillowtop Diamond Pressed Upholstery Upgrade (SXP Cruise) $1,004
• Table Upgrade - Zebrawood Slate Rectangular Table $144
Interior Colors
• Interior Accent - Sandstone $0
Trim Accent
• Zebrawood Slate $0
Flooring
• Bamboo Slate Full Flooring (20/21) $404
Performance Packages
• Sport Performance System - SPS w/Transom Fuel 21S Includes: (900065 - Under Deck Wave Shield (18/20))(900545 - Steering - Sea Star Hydraulic with Tilt)
$5,625
Amenities
• Sharkhide - 3 Tubes $460
• Heavy Duty Rub Rail (18/21) Includes: (901011 - Bennington Engraved Stainless Steel Cleat)
$263
• Ski Tow Bar (Ext. Aft Deck w/Rub Rail) $768

Sounds like you're gonna have a bunch of fun with that boat!

Looks like a great build to me!!

That build should make you happy and keep you interested.

Gonna be a nice boat!

In floor storage?!?

You might think about throwing in the Pop Up Cleats. They are really nice. No toe stubbing. I love ours!!

Looks great, congrats!

Gonna be a nice boat!

In floor storage?!?

The test drive boat had this. It was huge and nice but our lake is only 1100 acres so getting back to get things isn't an issue.

You might think about throwing in the Pop Up Cleats. They are really nice. No toe stubbing. I love ours!!

Added, I stubbed my toe on the dock cleat this weekend. :)

We're also thinking about an accent panel. Not sure it's worth the money but it does add a little bit to the look.

White, Champagne, None

metallic-white.png champagne.png none.png

That was one of the things I cringed the most on. I envisioned one of the kids getting their toe stuck inside the cleat and then jumping of snapping their toe off! I always wrapped a towel around it. Others though it was becuse I did not water in my boat. Once they heard why they quickly understood.

Back