Speed

tjtikalsky

Reaction score
Hi there
I’m looking to buy a nice yard 2275 RCW non!- tritoon with 150hp. How fast do you think it should go? Pull an adult skier/ slalom?

I previously had a 2014 , 2375 RCW SA tri , with a 150 . Full tank ,2 adults and clean toons I was able to hit 38 .

What Jack said and it'll easily pull an adult skier/wakeboarder out of the water!!!

I learned something today: had no idea that you could put a 150 on a pontoon.

I learned something today: had no idea that you could put a 150 on a pontoon.
There’s a tritoon on our lake with a 300hp outboard. Too many to count with 200 hp outboards. I’ve got a 2015 2275 G with 150hp Yamaha with the lifting rails and steel prop. I’ve had it up to 32 mph at a about 5000 rpm. The Governor on the boat (wife unit) won’t allow it to go any faster. if my memory is correct, Bennington said it could take up to a 200hp on this particular setup.

I thought the top of the rpm range at wot for that motor was 5500. Is that not accurate? If so, you could go down 1-2 in pitch to see if that improves top speed if that is what you are after. Also, different props produce different performance, and on an older boat, any build up no matter how slight on the pontoons can reduce performance mph.

A 22’ G-series SPS tritoon with a 150 should be able to go faster on a light load…solid high 30’s.

As for maximum HP, if an SPS hull tritoon, it should be a 200HP motor. It will say what your max HP motor can be on your capacity plate on the side rail fencing near the helm and throttle. Look there, and you will know what your boat is capable of handling.

However, repowering from a 150 to 200 can be a VERY cost prohibitive venture. It can sometimes involve not just changing the motor, but also various lines and connections (not always, but often). If seriously considering that route, your local dealership service department might be able to give you an estimate on costs to repowner to 200HP. You might be surprised how much it costs, and performance gains would likely not justify the cost.

I think you are better off trying to dial in your set up as is, and gaining a good 5-8 mph that way.

Back