SS Prop for my Merc 150

JsnMR2

Reaction score
The dealer installed a "15.3 x 14P RH" Prop on my G series Benny and SPS package with a Merc 150 on it. Is that ideal? I pick up this boat anytime now and just want to make sure. It's 3 blades and 14 pitch. 

I read someone on here had better luck with a 15 pitch prop. 

Thoughts?? Thanks so much. 

15p Enertia is the way to go especially for a Merc.

Well, I don't think I can get them to change it at this point, so I'll just have to see how this one does. I'll see what kind of RPM it turns and what my MPH is.... If I'm not happy perhaps I'll just source my own prop. If I can hit 40 MPH with two people I'll be happy. I guess the G series is a bit heavier though so I'm not sure how that will effect things. 

You won't know until you have additional data. Speed at WOT (GPS) and RPMs  will help you dial her in.

I had a gentlemanly agreement with my dealer that as long as I returned a prop undamaged, I could swap for a different prop.

Before I picked up my boat, I asked the dealer what prop would come with it and was told they wouldn't know until they sea-trialed it. They told me every boat is different, so they really focus on getting into the factory specified WOT RPM range. As such, my boat would come with the best match. In the end, it was a 15p Inertia @ 6500 RPM.

Back