Starboard Material - Transom Cover

tothetrail

Reaction score
I'm planning to make a transom cover like in the second photo.

I'm having trouble finding this starboard material like the covers I have currently in the first photo. Anyone have a good source for finding a piece of this material or know what Bennington uses? Looks like King Starboard is a popular brand. Online retailers seem to have none in stock.

It looks like my covers are slightly darker in color than the example transom cover below, but I'm thinking maybe Buckskin or Nutmeg?

I'm trying to find if anyone offers a sample pack to determine the exact color.

*Edited to add, it looks like I posted this to the wrong forum. Not sure if a moderator can move it to the DIY Projects forum?*

Attachments

• Starboard - Tan.JPG
    Starboard - Tan.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Transom Well Cover 2.jpg
    Transom Well Cover 2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 52
  • King Starboard.JPG
    King Starboard.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 50
  • King Starboard 2.JPG
    King Starboard 2.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 49
It wouldn't surprise me if the Texas freeze impacted manufacturing of this - seems many petrochemical products have supply chain issues related to those shutdowns early this year. Also with boat building through the roof those OEMs are sucking up all the supply.

I have no suggestions on how to source it!

It wouldn't surprise me if the Texas freeze impacted manufacturing of this - seems many petrochemical products have supply chain issues related to those shutdowns early this year. Also with boat building through the roof those OEMs are sucking up all the supply.

I have no suggestions on how to source it!
Makes sense, thanks!

Back