Sun glare prevents reading Garmin

Slainte

Reaction score
It’s difficult to see the Garmin screen when sun is beating down on windshield of our 20’ Bennington tritoon. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and, if so, have you come up with a solution? Is there some type of “awning” you can buy to shade the Garmin?
Would like to get my husband something for this problem for Christmas. Thanks!

It’s difficult to see the Garmin screen when sun is beating down on windshield of our 20’ Bennington tritoon. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and, if so, have you come up with a solution? Is there some type of “awning” you can buy to shade the Garmin?
Would like to get my husband something for this problem for Christmas. Thanks!
Has he tried turning the brightness up in settings?

Agree with Dawg... I do not have any problems with sun glare on my Striker 4 on my 20’ Benny. Even in direct sunlight (I rarely use the bimini). Brightness is set at max.

Brightness/backlight level is key. If it has an auto-dim feature even better, but if it's a basic Striker 4 I don't believe it has that.

Screen could be dirty/oily as well making the glare worse, so regular cleaning might be in order.

There are some anti-glare screen protectors out there but Garmin frowns upon them in their FAQ.

As far as a hood/shade goes a google search produces some results:

BD776259-D814-4287-847B-D6D2E4011501.jpeg

Back