Swap fishfinder transducer while in the water?

Motorboater

Reaction score
Hi all...new here, so go easy on me ...would like to upgrade my fishfinder...my 2275 FS is sitting in the slip right now - anyone ever swap the transducer while the boat sits in the water? :)

Yup, anchored in about 4’ of water and ran new transducer on last boat. Easy peazy ... but I didn’t have any under skinning to contend with either.

Nice! Did you stand in the water and work or reach over the railing? I'm not even sure how the wiring routes in yet...just thinking about getting the physical mounting bracket screwed in. Presumably the wiring does NOT run up under the toons but rather up the side above water...maybe under the bumper rails? Thx for your insight!

I stood in the water. I drilled new holes in mount using 11” flexible Ryobi bit holder and cordless Ryobi drill. Went under boat and reused plastic wire mounts that were screwed to deck. Unscrewed it, popped wire out, popped new wire in, re-screwed it to deck. Did that for all mounts, fed wire up through hole into helm. Note I was about a 1-2 feet short so I had already purchased an extension from Garmin. Took maybe 1/2 hour.
My wiring ran up through M brackets then across middle in line with helm wiring access hole

My new boat, I installed the SIMRAD transducer while it was sitting on blocks in my dealer parking lot. I then installed the actual unit in helm on the dock using my cordless Dremel as I had to do some minor trimming to the helm for it to fit.

Mighty impressive! Thx....i should have taken care of it when it was on the trailer a couple months back.

Back